Thread: MIJ 57 re-isssue neck

Forum Member

MIJ 57 re-issue neck

I am trying to order a 57 re issue lefty from Ishibashi. I used to have an 84, 68Mij ri. It had a real tiny pencil neck. Is the neck on the new MIJ 57 the same ?
    Last edited by cndoman; 06-24-2003 at 12:02 PM.

Its a soft V neck not quite as thick as the USA version and the 50's Classic MIM is even thicker. They use the same profile on the 54's when you take the neck off it says 54STD.

They are comfortable to me but I have extra small hands.

Forum Member
    how would you compare the 57MIJ ri to a highway one neck ? The highway one neck feels very good to me. Thats about the profile i am looking for, I just don't like the colors the Highway comes in.
    Last edited by cndoman; 06-24-2003 at 12:36 PM.

Havent got a chance to really check out the HWY1.

If you can check out a 50's Classic MIM Strat or Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat the 57 soft V is about like those.

Forum Member
    in my experience the MIJ v-neck is a sharper v than the MIM one (50s classic). The neck might be similar to the Jimmie L. Vaughan then (which has a sharper v), except for the 9,5" radius and medium jumbo frets on the JLV.

HW1 neck is the same as American Series, smaller and C-shaped, with a worn feel.
    Last edited by weelie; 06-25-2003 at 04:32 AM.

Forum Member
    my Fender Japan 40th anniversary strat has a sharp V neck and my custom made IKEBE strat has a very soft V neck. IKEBE is a chain of shops here in Japan. Ask Koichi or Noriko to ensure the Ishibashi staff finds the type of neck you want because they do vary. I have other F`s with C shaped necks... some with skunk stripes some without. Some maple others rosewood.