Thread: Loaded Pedalboard Stolen - Tulsa, OK

Forum Member

Loaded Pedalboard Stolen - Tulsa, OK

Last night, I was gigging in Tulsa, OK - stupidly left my gear in my car in the club parking lot (took a taxi to the hotel) - this morning I arrive to find my driver's side window smashed in.

My pedalboard/case (TM Cases pro tour case and pedalboard) was in the front/passenger floor and was taken along with my leather possibles bag and my month old Garmin nuvi 350.

On the pedalboard was the following:

Dano Milk Shake Chorus - without knobs
    Xotic RC Booster s/n 2112
    Xotic AC Booster s/n 1399 (customized circuit)
    Xotic AC Booster s/n ?? (highly custom circuit w/extra knob on side)
    GtrWrks 19 Sixty 3
    GtrWrks bV Overdrive
    MXR Carbon Copy s/n AA99D251
    Dunlop Cry Baby s/n AA90C364
    Korg Pitchblack Tuner s/n 00007061
    Roughly 11 ea George L's patch cables of various/short lengths

Custom/Unique pedals on the board are a

GtrWrks RAT Clone (OD Green w/19 Sixty 3 screen print):

GtrWrks Custom Ross Compressor Clone (I've sold about a dozen of these - mine has a mini-toggle instead of a knob in the upper/left position and a hot pink LED - otherwise it looks just like this):

Custom Germanium Buffer in silly tin can:

GtrWrks Vibra Salad (rehoused Dano Chicken Salad):

My black leather man-purse/possibles bag was full of all kinds of very hip shit - a few George L's gtr cables, a single XLR cable with Neutrik jacks, a few packs of guitar strings from my GHS days - from the GHS Custom Shop labeled as 'Miles Davis Specials', I can't remember all of the other small stuff... a few preamp tubes (12AX7/12AT7), some basic string changing/set up tools (Cresent brand small pr of side cutters; 6" stainless steel machinist's scale in blue 'holster', screwdriver with multiple tips)...

I'm sick.

But...

It could be worse. My irreplacable (to me) '83 MIJ '62 RI Strat and an '04 MIM 60's Classic Tele were in the back seat - my '66 Bassman Custom 2x12 Combo was in the back as well as my stage wedge, a big-assed 1x18 sub, a pwr amp/mixer rack... all of this was in the back of my wagon and I still have it all; very thankful.

If any of you Tulsa cats see some of this stuff... you'll know where it came from.

Forum Member

Re: Loaded Pedalboard Stolen - Tulsa, OK

Sorry to hear about your loss! As you say, it could have been worse, but none the less, its a drag to have anything stolen.

FWIW, it may be worth a few quick phone calls to music stores and pawn shops. A friend's custom made Strat was stolen from his studio, and I happened to call him right after it happened. I urged him to hit the streets, and he got very lucky; he found his guitar hanging on a wall in the first place (a pawn shop) he visited. Others, myself included, haven't been as lucky. Its maddening, but not the end of the world.

Good luck,
    Dave

Yikes. That is sickening.

As the above poster indicated, I think your best bet is the local pawn shops, craigslist, ebay, etc.

There was a story on this very board not too long ago about a guy (can't remember who) losing a bunch of gear from a storage place. He got real busy because the police weren't doing much - making calls, going all over, etc and eventually tracked down most of his gear.

I wish you luck.
    s'all goof.

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by curtisstetka View Post
    Yikes. That is sickening.

As the above poster indicated, I think your best bet is the local pawn shops, craigslist, ebay, etc.

There was a story on this very board not too long ago about a guy (can't remember who) losing a bunch of gear from a storage place. He got real busy because the police weren't doing much - making calls, going all over, etc and eventually tracked down most of his gear.

I wish you luck.
    That was Fripp, Curtiss......I believe he was ultimately successful in gittin' his gear back AND havin' the thieving cheeze-dicks arrested. We don't see many "Hallmark" moments like that these days.

One of the things that is so enraging about this kind of theft is that the guy who stole it very likely has no clue what it is. It's just a source of quick cash.

The police always have trouble tracking down stolen goods like this but MAKE SURE you give them a detailed list. I have had friends get stuff returned to them because the thief was busted for something entirely unrelated and the cops discovered lots of suspicious goods in his possession.
    "The beauty and profundity of God is more real than any mere calculation."