I'm pulling parts together to resurrect my stripped and shaved '83 Tele. In the bridge I have an early 80's vintage Seymour Duncan stacked humbucker with a singel blade polepiece and I'm putting a P90 at the neck. The SD pickup was in the guitar when I bought it slightly used and sounds fine. For years I used it wired with a coil tap and phase reversal switch with the stock neck pu.

I'm looking at RS Guitarworks Tele control plate and it comes with 250K pots but in my Les Paul I have 500k with the P90s and .022uf caps.

I probably have both pot values in my crusty used spares stock. Any opinions of what value you prefer in your non stock Tele?

I have to decide on a finish color too. Either stain the stripped wood or go with rattle-can sea foam green. I don't want to mess with wood filler for the grain so Minwax Honey Maple might be the choice with whatever guard I decide to cut for the P90. I have the original singly ply white (now aged cream), and a couple of wbw, bwb and a clear plexi I cut twenty years ago.

It's amazing I still know where all the parts are. I stripped it four years and two houses ago.

TT