Thread: The economics of GAS

The economics of GAS

I'm just curious...

What are your monthly and/or annual gear expenditures?

Me? I seem to be out of control sometimes. But then I usually sell a whole mess of stuff back on ebay after a buying binge.

Forum Member
    Not counting picks and strings, I have spent less than $1K in the last six years. :)

Well, you must be rather happy with your sound then.

I try not to be one of those guys who thinks every issue will be resolved if only I get that one next piece of gear.

But, while I'm very happy with my sound and I'm using a very simple set-up, I'm eager to experiment with different gadgets. It's an expensive proposition though.

Forum Member
    Mine fluctuates wildly.
    In the last 2 months I have purchased a MIA Jazz Bass and MIA Strat (both new, but great deals I could not pass up). In addition to these I had some work done (new Pups and set up) to one of my Les Pauls. Prior to this, I had not spent any $ on gear for about 9 months.
    I am finally past the point of selling gear to purchase new stuff. (I hope) and only purchase what I really want to keep long term.

Forum Member
    I've got a pal with whom I trade guitars and amps with. Keeps us from being bored! I do go out and buy the odd thing to keep the fires stoked. Maybe spent $1000 last year.