Thread: So Cal gig alert San Bernardino

So Cal gig alert San Bernardino

Wave Invasion will be bringing their unique version of guitar, bass, and drum instrumentals to San Bernardino this sunday the 27th at 1PM. Join us as we get Loud in the Library.

555 West 6th Street at E street in the Norman F. Feldheym Central Library.
    VM

If aliens listened to our current top 40, they'd think that the entire planet was populated by sexually ambivalent robots with ethnic insecurity.

Re: So Cal gig alert San Bernardino

Wave Invasion got invited to play at the Loud in the Library series in San Bernardino this weekend. This was the final show of the series since they haven't had the funding renewed. They're still working on a few idea to revive it but it's over for now. We played a one hour set to start off the show and decided to use our higher powered stuff which turned out to be the right choice since this was more of a rock crowd than the usual shows we do. It was kind of strange to be performing in such a nice room. The lighting was non existent and the stage was carpeted but load in and out was easy. It was a small room so I used just my Blonde Bassman rig but had the Showman on stand-by just in case. I used my reverse Strat for the entire show and put my Bad Monkey pedal back in the circuit set for a clean boost. I was real happy with my tone all day and it was great to be able to play at a decent volume. We got a great response and our version of the Rolling Stones Paint It Black merged with Mother's Little Helper brought the crowd in and kept them. The organizers were blown away as were most of the kids who had never seen a totally instrumental band. One young lady came up to get our autographs after the show. We also made a few important contacts so even though this series is over we'll be doing other shows for these people. Here's a few pics from the show.

VM

If aliens listened to our current top 40, they'd think that the entire planet was populated by sexually ambivalent robots with ethnic insecurity.

That's too bad about the series getting canceled, it sounds cool. At least you got some connects out of it though.

I dig that clear blue drum kit, I knew a guy that had one just like it in high school, and it lived in my bedroom for a few months. Total flashback for me. He wasn't playing that at that show I saw you guys do in Huntington Beach a while back was he?

If you guys play a show a little closer to me, I'm there. Keep us posted.

He was still using the red 1967 club kit when you saw us. He just got this kit at the end of last summer and it's his baby. It's an original 70's set and is in remarkable condition. He went and got cases for everything and takes real good care of it.

We have about 5 shows coming up in the next month mostly in the San Dimas, Glendora area if you're interested in coming up the 57. I'll be posting them here. I'm trying to get some stuff happening down near the beaches but we seem to be getting most of our work in the inland and the foothills. Less competition I suppose.
    VM