Thread: P Bass Pick-Guards

P Bass Pick-Guards

dang! Today the tortoise shell pick-guard that I found on eBay arrived and the screw holes aren't even close.

I thought this would've been a standardized thing but this is essentially unusable on my 2001 P-bass. Is there any way to determine what model P-bass this fits?

It's such a beautiful guard... I think I'll go cry now...

Forum Member
    Hi Mike how much was that pick-guard? if the price is right and you want to sell it I am building a bass, maybe I could use it.

Isn't that wacky? I've wanted to find a cool tortoise guard for my Jazz, but without a tracing it's a crap shoot. Same with most any Fender guards, gotta go with a tracing or go with luck.
    *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you
    still can’t help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Hey Davey, yeah it is whacky! I'll take a tracing with me to make sure next time. You live, you learn! In the meantime Winston got a real nice guard for his new custom built. Thanks Winston!

Forum Member
    Mike thanks for the nice guard and smooth transaction, I wish you and Davey luck in finding the correct guards, I was lucky :)

Hey! My lucky day at "The Great American Guitar Show" (just outside of Philly).

I found the right pickguard!! Still had the protective plastic too... not as good a deal as the eBay one that Winston has, but I'm happy and the bass looks great!

Happy ending!