Thread: Twin Pro jr's

Twin Pro jr's

For many years I've used a pair of Pro jr's split with a Chorus or a/b box. The sound from two of these coupled is pretty large, and the ease of load in is great compared to the size of the tone.
    Does anyone have any additional schemes for using a pair?

Using them in stereo with the pictured Vox 4x12 cab is great for the larger rooms and holds down the rear end bleed..
    Jason S.
    For more info. visit Caffeinelive.com or see kaos at mdparty.com

Re: Twin Pro jr's

From the little picture, it looks like a very nice rig. I like to go stereo, too, and always thought that a pair of Pro Jr.'s would be a great plaform for this...And the 4x12 cab is a good idea too, as long as the impedences work out right.

Do the amps work in addition to the extra cab, or do you disengage the internal speakers? If they still work, you can get a bit more stereo separation by getting a couple of tilt-back amp stands and putting them on either side of the 4x12.

Oh, and you might want to mention the rear-end bleeding thing to your doctor...

Welcome to the Fender Forum!

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

Actually this Vox 4x12 cab is stereo at 8 ohms a side. It's a perfect match and has about 3 times the bottom end of the open back tens. Also I like the Vox vibe over a Marshall cab I'm a little more of classic rock guy at heart.. I lean toward Tom Petty types of tones......
    By the way Pro jr's are perfect for a stereo split. I play tons of one nighters in large halls with long haul load ins, and they sound amazing and carry light.
    I have a pair of early blond tolex jr's and a pair of recent black tolex models as well. The early pro jr's seem a little more focused in the middle and the newer versions in my opinion are a little more wide open. One of each creates a pretty full range tone.
    Mixing in a blues jr with a pro jr on occasion adds a bit of top end in a dead room. But I don't care for the blues jr alone. In my opinion compared to the pro jr I think it's a little ( actually a lot) thinner and and won't cut through, except for brittle top end..
    Last edited by 1958lpjr; 04-24-2008 at 03:08 PM.
    Jason S.
    For more info. visit Caffeinelive.com or see kaos at mdparty.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenjangle View Post
    Oh, and you might want to mention the rear-end bleeding thing to your doctor...
    I hate it when that happens.