Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DRRI Settings - Babble.....

Re: DRRI Settings - Babble.....

So I picked up a DRRI today, traded the Classic 50 on it. Been playing it at the local store for a couple months, every time I went in for strings or whatnot.

Took it over to a friend's place from the store, got a chance to really put it through its paces for about an hour. Only had the tele with me, so who knows, probably the strat will require different settings, though I can't imagine it will be hard to find some good ones.

I got some great sounds in Channel 2 with the volume set at about 5 with the guitar wide open. But then, I dimed Channel 1, and started playing with the guitar volume, and .... wow. Just wow. EQ was flat on both channels.

I need some more time with it, but I already know this one's a keeper. Can't wait to try it out with the band...
    "Wait, it's a trap. Get an axe."

Vibrato channel
    Input 2
    route 66 pedal with light crunch
    clean when using the JBL E 120-8

simple clean to light crunch
    The best amp in the biz for all around classic tones

I also recommend an isolation board/pedestal when using any amp, it keeps the EQ tight!
    Jerry

I have found that my DRRI was way under biased and bringing it up to 70% made a big difference from 50%. You may get a little bit more amp/pickup hum but it really improves the tone. Thanks again Steve!
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by thegeezer View Post
    I have found that my DRRI was way under biased and bringing it up to 70% made a big difference from 50%. You may get a little bit more amp/pickup hum but it really improves the tone. Thanks again Steve!
    Jerry
    I was amazed to find Jerry's amp biased so low out of the factory. I'd be interested to know what you other DRRI owners have found when you checked the bias on your amps.