Thread: Best places to look for vintage Fender amps

Forum Member

Best places to look for vintage Fender amps

Hi, I'm new here and hope this question hasn't been asked to death here. I can find tons of places to look at vintage guitars on line. some have vintage amps, but are there some sites that will have lots of vintage Fender amps. I am looking for maybe a brown Deluxe or Super. Maybe one of the smaller black faces like a Deluxe.

Thanks for any infor you might provide.

Forum Member
    what part of the country are you in? I always like to check them out in person- hear what they sound like - vintage amps vary so much -they all sound different even within a specific model
    Gbase can connect you with a lot of vintage amp dealers

Forum Member
    Here's a local dealer in vintage amps where I live- solidbodyguitar.com. They are a little pricey compared to other dealers but at least they have some good stuff to look at. It's where I found my '66 Super Reverb before they jumped up in price again.

Peace!

Forum Member
    Originally posted by 1800
    what part of the country are you in? I always like to check them out in person- hear what they sound like - vintage amps vary so much -they all sound different even within a specific model
    Gbase can connect you with a lot of vintage amp dealers
    I am in the Chicago area.

Forum Member
    Originally posted by Stephens
    Here's a local dealer in vintage amps where I live- solidbodyguitar.com. They are a little pricey compared to other dealers but at least they have some good stuff to look at. It's where I found my '66 Super Reverb before they jumped up in price again.

Peace!
    Thanks I just went there and yes. pricey but what a selection. Thanks again

Forum Member
    Originally posted by Mike Hansen
    If you're in Chicago, Make 'n Music usually has some nice used stuff.
    True, but he hasn't had a brown or tweed Fender in a while. I have a taste for one of those these days.
    Last edited by amphead; 05-31-2003 at 06:35 AM.

Forum Member
    Kinda a bit aways from you, but check out Blues Angel Music in Pensacola, FL. (www.bluesangelmusic.com)

These guys are on the up and up, and sell good stuff, but they are rather proud of some of it.

The last time I was in there, they had a Brown Deluxe, with a $999 price tag on it. In fact I think they may have had it for a while.

hth

D