Thread: 57 Reissue VS Custom Shop

Forum Member

57 Reissue VS Custom Shop

Hi, anyone here has experience in a 57 reissue strat and a custom shop classic strat or a custom time machine? I am thinking that the custom shop ones must be much more better than others cosz they almost cost an army. Are the custom shop ones really worth that much money?

What is the price for a new 57 reissue in US now? How about a new custom shop classic or a 56, 60, or 69 time machine?

Forum Member
    The diffrences I see are since the reg 57 will be more mass produced the necks are very ordinary and the most of the guitar is just bland so it can appeal to more people.

CS instruments have custom neck sizes, pick ups, colors for specific things and people.

Both get the job done...........but the CS ones will get you there in class...........

Street prices are for a new USA 57 ri Strat $1200-1300

Custom Shop version $2100-2300

Ones I like best are the 50's MIM Classic serles around $550-600 new. Just change the pickups and it sounds like all the rest of the killer strats

Forum Member
    I just bought a MIM Robert Cray strat and it is a pretty good guitar for the money. It has the custom shop pickups.

Forum Member
    Thks a lot. I have learn some thing! My next axis must be a custome shop one.

Forum Member
    I just picked up a 56 Reissue MIM for $584 (they had the wrong price tag on it at Sam Ash but they honored it anyway). I'm surprised at how good it is sound-wise, especially after restringing it with 11's.

I hate the low frets but considering how cheap it is, a refret still leaves me at reasonable cost. I'm going to have friggin' railroad tracks put on it when I can scrape together the dough.

It's the 2-tone sunburst and I like the stark look of the single-ply pickguard. It just LOOKS like a blues guitar. And it will really be one with the new frets...