Thread: Tele/Strat Hybrid

Forum Member

Tele/Strat Hybrid

This was right before I put in the neck pickup. I'm thinking about changing to a neck SD Hotrails because the SD Invader in the bridge is so hot on it's own. I also fixed the wiring on the 5-way switch for a coil tap of the Invader. What do you think?

"Vintage" is another name for two things: "expensive" and "you are a sucker."
    Rig:
    -99 Gibson LP Studio (w/490R & PRS Tremonti Treble); FILTERCASTER (Tele/Strat hybrid w/SD Invader); 91/93 MIA Strat Ultra (heavy mods- SD Invader) / 00 & 95 MIM Strats
    -Epiphone AJ18S Acoustic; Oscar Schmidt acoustic/electric
    -'01 Fender MIM Jazz Deluxe 5
    -Marshall JMP-1 & 9001 tube pre; V-AMP 2 (soon to be Bass V-AMP Pro)
    -microKORG; SM57; Alesis SR-16 Drum Machine
    -And a dozen stomp boxes and rack amps/preamps at any given time...no thanks to eBay. "My Little Addictions"
    Noise:
    -Mostly alt-rock & electronic rock (guitar is for rhthym and texture).
    -I record direct into a Behringer UB802 to a M-Audio Audiophile USB, and mix with Cool Edit Pro v2.0.

Forum Member
    I'm a sucker for teles with strat headstocks. Tell us more...

Very kool! :} Here's my SD stuffed Tele with the oh-so perfect Jimmie Vaughan Strat neck.

Stop by http://www.telemodders.com./ for more Tele modness. :nelson
    Hopeless modaholic...

Forum Member
    -MIM 70's style neck; added roller string trees & MIA stock tuners
    -Northern Ash body...very heavy
    -Warmoth Gotoh Strat hardtail bridge
    -MIM stock neck pickup; SD Invader in bridge
    -5-way CTS switch for a mixture of tapped and untapped positions
    -Dimarzio cliplock strap
    -pickguard and other electronics are all warmoth
    -all hardware (including metal humbucker ring) is in nickel

I'm thinking about putting the SD Hotrails in the neck to better match the Invader...but the stock tele neck pickup is too much fun right now.

The neck isn't as nice as I would like either...I bought a 1993 MIA Standard Strat neck recently and will be putting that on there instead of the MIM.

It would be nice to find a MIA with the larger strat CBS headstock just to really set this Tele hybrid apart from the pack. That and it helps with balance a bit.

The body is slightly unfinished too. It has a satin/frosty feel to it as it needs it's last buffing to make it super shiny still. It looks kind of cool the way it is, but I'm thinking about making another one in silver flake with a mirror pickguard...and all chrome/sparkle project. Too bad Warmoth doesn't do flake finishes- they do headstocks which is what I will have done on the next one.
    "Vintage" is another name for two things: "expensive" and "you are a sucker."
    Rig:
    -99 Gibson LP Studio (w/490R & PRS Tremonti Treble); FILTERCASTER (Tele/Strat hybrid w/SD Invader); 91/93 MIA Strat Ultra (heavy mods- SD Invader) / 00 & 95 MIM Strats
    -Epiphone AJ18S Acoustic; Oscar Schmidt acoustic/electric
    -'01 Fender MIM Jazz Deluxe 5
    -Marshall JMP-1 & 9001 tube pre; V-AMP 2 (soon to be Bass V-AMP Pro)
    -microKORG; SM57; Alesis SR-16 Drum Machine
    -And a dozen stomp boxes and rack amps/preamps at any given time...no thanks to eBay. "My Little Addictions"
    Noise:
    -Mostly alt-rock & electronic rock (guitar is for rhthym and texture).
    -I record direct into a Behringer UB802 to a M-Audio Audiophile USB, and mix with Cool Edit Pro v2.0.