Thread: '62 Tele custom reissue question

'62 Tele custom reissue question

Hi folks - long time lurker - very rare poster! I got a question re my new reissue (and rather lovely) ice-blue Tele custom that I recently acquired.
    Love the guitar - even the the wiring is very odd and they have to pre-supply you with a capacitor and a wiring diagram so you can get a more logical (but apparently less authentic) switch setup.

ANYWAY.... what I wanted to know was... what are the fret markers made of? It's got a nice thick rosewood fingerboard BTW/
    Sorry for being a bit of a

Re: '62 Tele custom reissue question

Blimey, an unanswered thread!
    OK - well, onto my next one...I bought it for £350 and it's still in mint condition - I get it at a good price and thinking, only thinking of selling it - what's a reasonable price?
    Serial no. is V153xxx.
    Also - can it be confirmed that this is an American-made guitar and not an MIJ? Just want to be sure I don't misinform a new buyer!

Ta!

Forum Member

I sold my Ice Blue Custom a few months ago....I regret it, but I needed the money at the time more than I needed the guitar (sniff)... No idea what the fret markers are made of, but there are a few tell tale ways to be reasonably sure it's a USA RI, not a CIJ.

The most obvious is the headstock decal.....Does it say Fender Custom Telecaster, and is it above the finish? It should if it's a US guitar....the CIJs say Fender "TELECASTER", which doesn't look bad, but is historically incorrect.

Hi!
    Thanks for that info.... definitely says Fender Telecaster Custom on the peghead and the decal is, of course, above the varnish!
    So - US for sure! thanks for that!

Forum Member

No problem....May I ask why you're selling? I regret selling mine, but at the time I needed the money more than I needed the guitar. I hope another will come along someday (and that I have the required funds!).