Thread: Crap, wrong impedance on speaker.

Crap, wrong impedance on speaker.

I saw a Weber 10" Blue Pup on ebay described as 8Ohm, 20Watt with several days to go and no bids. Emailing the seller (100% pos feedback) we struck a deal, he ended the auction and I just opened the box. Pristine condition. No solder, no marks.

Except, I notice on the gasket in Ted's Sharpie, "20W16." The sticker on the rim confirms. 16 Ohm speaker.

CRAP!

I emailed a couple of pics to him. We'll see. I also emailed Ted about essentially a recone to change out the voice coil.

I wanted to put it in my 5F4 build with another weber and needed an 8 Ohm speaker.

TT
    On SmartPhones:

"Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But That only permitted other men with machines to enslave them." Frank Herbert.

Re: Crap, wrong impedance on speaker.

Bummer.

It might be good trade bait. I'm betting the British-voiced speakers are more popular/available in 16 ohms.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Re: Crap, wrong impedance on speaker.

It's being worked out.

TT
    On SmartPhones:

"Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But That only permitted other men with machines to enslave them." Frank Herbert.