Thread: Pot values for GFS 60s Repros?

Forum Member

Pot values for GFS 60s Repros?

I'm thinking about getting one of these GFS hand-wired pickguards with 60s Repros for my Emergency Backup Strat. They offer the option of 500K or 250K pot values.

Which do you guys think would go best with 60s Repros and make them sound their best?
    "I haven't slept for ten days...because that would be too long." -- Mitch Hedberg

Forum Member

Re: Pot values for GFS 60s Repros?

Thanks. Every day I get a little...bit...closer to actually pulling the trigger on this.
    "I haven't slept for ten days...because that would be too long." -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by elicross View Post
    Thanks. Every day I get a little...bit...closer to actually pulling the trigger on this.
    Just do it! What guitar are they for? Does your have 250Ks whats your cap value?
    ones too many and a hundred is not enough!

Forum Member

The one I'd like to put them in has Vintage Noiseless pups...which means it's got one 500K and two 1M pots...which means if I replace the pups with single coils, I'd probably need to replace the pots, too. So I figure I'll just go for a loaded pickguard and let somebody else do 90 percent of the soldering.

In the (seemingly very unlikely) event I don't like the 60s Repros, it'd be really easy to switch back to the VNs...or I could just sell somebody a VN-loaded pickguard on eBay.

Forum Member

Well, I finally went ahead and ordered a hand-wired GFS pickguard with 250K pots and 60s Repro pups. Happy New Gear to me. Thanks for the advice on the pots!

I can't wait to slap 'em in my guitar and try them out. Anybody have an idea how long it takes GFS to ship one of their hand-wired guards? (Naturally, after waiting so long to order one, I finally pulled the trigger on a national holiday. )

Well, I finally went ahead and ordered a hand-wired GFS pickguard with 250K pots and 60s Repro pups. Happy New Gear to me. Thanks for the advice on the pots!

I can't wait to slap 'em in my guitar and try them out. Anybody have an idea how long it takes GFS to ship one of their hand-wired guards? (Naturally, after waiting so long to order one, I finally pulled the trigger on a national holiday. )
    I dunno he does ship quickly ,set of pups that is, a loaded guard may take a few days longer depends, did you ask him ? Congrats should be a nice sounding set. A couple of weeks I would think
    ones too many and a hundred is not enough!

Forum Member

Nah, I didn't ask. I just ordered through the web site. There's no real rush; I just figured I'd ask, on the off chance somebody had ordered one of these before and remembered how long it took to ship.

i ordered my pups just before christmas on a friday. They came in 9 days (including weekends and christmas), and i live in the UK. I had the cheap postage aswell so i was quite chuffed they came that quick. And now all the pups are doing is burning a hole in my eyes cause i cant put them in till my other bits gets here. Its all very exciting stuff tho
    "I'm not mad, i just like to keep myself company"

I think mine took 4 days total to get to me the dude ships stuff out very fast..Better get your listing going for the VN.you will be suprised at the tone the repros offer for the money you spent...Have fun!!!!!!!