Thread: Joe Barden Tele Bridge Plate.............

Forum Member

Joe Barden Tele Bridge Plate.............

I'm thinking about putting this in my Parts tele...............its a Joe Barden vintage Bridge plate. It has a "Danny Gatton" INSPIRED SCOOP IN THE FRONT OF THE TREBLE SIDEWALL. GREAT FOR FINGERPICKERS. THE SADDLES ARE MADE TO VINTAGE SPECS USING THE ORIGINAL BRASS MATERIAL. THE ADJUSTMENT HOLES ARE DRILLED AT 3 DIFFRENT ANGLES TO PROVIDE CORRECT INTONATION TO ALL 6 STRINGS. THE OUTSIDE SADDLES ARE NOTCHED UNDER THE "E" STRINGS LIKE THE VINTAGE '53 SADDLES. THIS NOTCH HELPS CORRECT THE LOUD OUTSIDE STRING" PROBLEM COMMON TO TELE'S, AND ADDS ADDITIONALHEIGHT ADJUSTMENT CAPABILITY, WHILE RETAINING VINTAGE DESIGN SPECS. (forgive the caps........I cut and pasted it)

I already have a good quality bridge plate w/brass saddles. Is this bridge all hype..........or will it actually make a difference? Thanks............

The intonated saddles will make a difference. The thicker base plate might also.
    The price is pretty good too.

I plan on trying one on my Am. Std when that version comes out.
    The steel base plate and 3 brass saddles should make a bigger difference on those guitars.

If you already have a '52 RI bridge, the biggest difference would be with intonation. Some folks are more sensitive to that than others. I'm not sure if he's selling just the saddles, but that would be a lower cost option.