Thread: ESP Strat

Forum Member

ESP Strat

Woo, new guitar :)

'82 or so I think, due to the headstock. Traded in one of my amps for it. Clips/vids to come soon :)

Can anyone provide anymore info on it? Even ESP doesn't seem to know what they were doing back then!

Serial 19203, MIJ.

I don't know if Chris reads these forums, but incase he does, tanks for a great guitar

Re: ESP Strat

I don't really know anything about those, but that looks like a great guitar! First off, how's it play, and second, how's it sound? :)
    Quote Originally Posted by sting7777
    tone knobs just get in the way of things like windmills and playing with your teeth upside down anyway

Forum Member

Its a shame the flash was on because its aged nicely in the 25 years or so. Feels very at home to play. Stainless steel frets pretty much play themselves, and over all I think I prefer it over my '62RI. Still undecided about the sound. It sounds good, don't get me wrong, but I think I might prefer it a bit different.

If the house is empty tomorrow ill get some clips through the matchless clone :)

I like
    do I look like I know what I'm doing?

me too
    Imanidiot.

Nice!

Forum Member

I have one of those with a set of Van Zants in it and it beats all my American Fenders!---love mine---On mine they had to shave of some of the headstock off to not get sued. Mine has vintage frets and is a replica of a 62. You have the pre- lawsuit version---very cool. It is my favorite guitar of the 25 or so that I have. It also sounded very good BEFORE I changed to Van Zants. I hope to run into another one someday . Superior workmanship---tight tolerances---and great tone. cheers!-----JIMO

i have a 400 series or Traditional series tele...played it for a few years and got pretty tired of the extreme V neck, so i sold the neck and bolted up a 92 'fatter' maple US Fender neck.

it sits literally 3' from my face as i type.
    Fender neck'd....

old neck....
    Imanidiot.

ESP made some great guitars back in those days. I have a self-assembled Strat type made from ESP parts back in the 80s. Didn't like the neck profile, though (otherwise the neck was a perfect piece) so I swapped it for a Warmoth BIG FAT profile neck - it's one of my absolute favourites.