Thread: Eek. Spring Nor'easter

Eek. Spring Nor'easter

I did not do it, my snowblower is NOT put away so don't blame me.

Looks like we gots us some gnarly early morning weather, which I'll probably sleep through anyway. But poor bastids in NY state and higher elevations are in for some nasty heavy wet snow, a foot or more. Hopefully we only get torrential rain. But last time we had an early morning rain like this, you would have thought it was an apocalyptic ice storm there were so many accidents. Hope my brother doesn't have to go anywhere tomorrow early. By late afternoon, we might have sunshine.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: Eek. Spring Nor'easter

I feel so guilty......I've been running my A/C for over a week now.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

We were in the low 90's F yesterday and very humid. Cooler today and less humid. I need to get in the garage and build my finger joint jig before it gets too hot, but I keep looking at YT videos and can't decide on the design.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

We had graupel yesterday. It's kinda like soft hail that looks like the big white salt that you see on soft pretzels. The sky got really dark, it got really windy, then we could hear the stuff pelting the windows. It only fell for a few minutes.

I had to scrape my car windows this morning! I had already put my scraper away.

We won't get any snow here from this storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    We had graupel yesterday. It's kinda like soft hail that looks like the big white salt that you see on soft pretzels. The sky got really dark, it got really windy, then we could hear the stuff pelting the windows. It only fell for a few minutes.

I had to scrape my car windows this morning! I had already put my scraper away.

We won't get any snow here from this storm.
    we had hail, too. and it was wicked windy long after the rain stopped. I just looked at the radar 1:25 AM, it's going to get heavy in about an hour and pretty much the rest of the night. Looks to be heavy for 6 hours, then taper off by mid-late morning. The inland people, not so much. The saving grace is it's a fast moving system.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

We had hail this weekend, but the Sun was out the whole time. Lots of rain today - luckily it is not cold enough for snow.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain