Thread: g&l skyhawk

g&l skyhawk

i know this is the "fender" forum, but i can't find a decent site to post this...i recently bought a hot rod deluxe and came to this forum for research, which, i must add, was not what i expected...some of you have strong opinions against that amp, but at the moment i am happy with it, and my guitars never sounded so good...hopefully i don't become a negative statistic...anyway, i looked round and round the internet for a place that was as passionate about guitars (g&l) as you guys were about amps (on the amp forum), and couldn't find anywhere decent, so i thought i'd share with you

i bought this g&l skyhawk around 1996...i don't know what year the guitar is, but i think its from the mid-eighties, and i have been reluctant to take the neck off to check that...the guitar plays like a dream...the best i've ever played, period...it has two single coils in the neck and middle position and a dimarzio humbucker on the bridge...i can get any tone i want out of the thing, from muddy lows to screeching highs...it looks like a cross between a strat and a mustang, but i've played both and neither compares...and with the hot rod deluxe, the sound is phenomenal...i still play a strat once in a while, but i prefer the skyhawk (no disrespect to the strat lovers out there- i still love them too)...the only guitar that i have played that compared was a friends les paul, but they are too expensive for me at the moment

sorry to come on here and give a lovefest for the skyhawk, but i just want some feedback on this guitar, as well as its combination with the HRDX...has anyone here owned one? have you ever paired it w/ the HRDX? are there any sites where i can get more information on the guitar? etc.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

well, there she is...let me know what you think

TFF Stage Crew

Re: g&l skyhawk

Baltz--lovely guitar. Please don't post identical threads in different forums. This one belongs in the Clone Zone per our guidelines, and I'll move it there now.

Re: g&l skyhawk

sorry bout that...i'm new here...thanks for the info