Thread: Let's Hear Your Fenders Strat-Deluxe Reverb Soundfile

Let's Hear Your Fenders: Strat-Deluxe Reverb Soundfile

I recorded this with my '57 Reissue strat into a RI Deluxe Reverb with a Weber C12N. Volume on the amp is about 3. I've gone through the pickups selections starting with the neck playing a little piece on each.
    Nothin' fancy, just some nice, clean Fender tones.
    Fender Strat/Deluxe Reverb soundfile
    Last edited by GuitarG; 08-02-2002 at 06:26 AM.

Forum Member
    Very nice.

I put a Weber C12N in a 66' Deluxe Reverb awhile back and it sounded great as well.

Sounds great as usual G =)

Got the same gear G, '57 Strat RI and '65 DRRI, but if you think I'm going to put up a sound file after hearing yours, no chance. That clip was great, very sweet, and it tells me just how good my gear would sound if I could play worth anything.

woah, that sounded awesome G!!

thx for sharing.
    FIND THE HALFLINGS!! UNGH!! FIND THE HALFLINGS!!

ps what kind of mic/recording setup did you use?

Originally posted by Jimi's Bolero
    ps what kind of mic/recording setup did you use?
    I used a Shure SM57 right off the grill a couple of inches, and a little off axis to the speaker. I use Sonar 2 for my Multi track recording, but since this was just one track, I used Sound Forge. It was a mono recording at 44.1khz. After I got the track, I used T-Racks software to master it. Nothing extreme, just a little limiting and light compression to bring the level up. T-Racks is a really good tool. I use to to master all my multitrack recordings and it is a great tool to even out live recordings and bootlegs. After T-Racks I go back to Sound Forge to convert the .wav to .mp3 at 128 kps.
    When I write it out it sounds more complicated than it really is.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to get a decent recording on my PC. I can't get a strong enough signal....the input meters in cakewalk are high enough, but when I play it back, the levels are really low. and it clips really easily too.....maybe I just need a better soundcard?

I use an audio-tecnica MB2000L mic-->Teac A3340 reel-reel as a preamp-->aux in on a soundblaster pci 128 soundcard. I use cakewalk pro audio 9 to record.

if I use the mic input on the soundcard it sounds even worse.....here, I just recorded this, same thing going thru different pickups:

http://members.rogers.com/111262/pub...legtwincut.mp3

but the hiss is BAD, and it clips way to easily.

do you go straight into your soundcard, or do you use a preamp/line-in of some sort?

I use T-racks as well for mastering, however my problem is I can't get a decent signal to the pc. argh.

anyway, thx!!

Grab yourself a Soundblaster Extigy - cheap & it has all the cool ins & outs you need - plus it's external.

I go from the mic into an ART tube preamp then into the line input of the soundcard. The soundcard is a Soundblaster Live which is definitely the weak link in my system. I'll be buying something better soon.
    Regarding the hiss and clipping, avoid the mic input like the plague. With my system I've had to play with balancing the line input levels on the system mixer and the preamp level to get the best signal/noise ratio. I get a good strong signal but always keep it well shy of going into the red. Digital clipping is an ugly thing indeed. I had many takes ruined because one or two notes were a little too hot and clipped. So now I try to peak out at about -3 or so just to keep a little headroom.
    I've looked at the Soundblaster Extigy, but I am concerned about latency with a card using the USB port.

thx a lot for the help!

I do just use the line in for now....but maybe I should record at lower levels & then just boost everything in T-RACKS? at least then I wouldn't get clipping.

this is the card I'm looking at buying, a friend of mine who does a lot of audio stuff recommended it: midiman audiophile 2496

http://www.midiman.net/products/m-audio/audiophile.php

I've considered the same card. It has gotten good reviews.

Musician's Friend has them for $179.00
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...udiophile+2496

Originally posted by GuitarG

I've looked at the Soundblaster Extigy, but I am concerned about latency with a card using the USB port.
    I've had no problems, but then again all my recording gear is external.

I was hoping to start a thread where we could hear some of our members' Fender gear. Anybody got any clips?

I have a strat and a Deluxe Reverb but I can't record it on to the computer, I have no microphone. I can record with the Deluxe Reverb setting on my POD though, but that isn't really the same thing? :)
    "Insurance is like marriage, you pay and pay but you never get anything back" - Al bundy.