Thread: Strat Clones

Forum Member

Strat Clones

Has anyone tried one of these Rondo guitars out? If so, how do they compare with, say, a standard strat?

http://www.rondomusic.net/sst57pblue.html

Forum Member

Re: Strat Clones

i have 2 sst62 and 1 sst57 strat copies. the body is very nice on these guitars. the necks have a very yellow/orange gloss finish with jumbo frets. the necks are perfect C size and feels alot like other strats i've played. tuners are fair, but could use a replacement. (gotoh sg38 tuners from warmoth are a direct replacement), i replaced the nut also with a graphtech preslotted nut. the pickups sound fine, but i'm sure you'd want to replace them with better. the bridge was ok on 2 of my 3 guitars. i had a stripped height adjustment screw on one of the saddles. i block my bridge so i cant tell you if they work ok or not.

all in all, for $99-129, they are the perfect modding guitars. i've even seen where guys put fender strat necks on them without too much trouble.

i modded 2 of mine by putting p90s in them. my other one is still stock except for the nut. here are the 2 i put p90s in. i made my own pickguard and routed out the cavity to get them to fit. the sst bodies are HSH config.

I just bought one yesterday. It should be here at the end of the week. I will gets some pics and a full review up as soon as I can.
    Formerly Bluesgtr20

anyone have one of these ? !

This looks perfect to me. Not traditional but I don't care

http://www.rondomusic.com/product755.html