Thread: Whats your favorite VAMP ??? !!!

Whats your favorite VAMP ??? !!!

Whats are some of your favorite vamps/cyclical-repetitive licks?? (mods pleeeese don't move this to the Woodshed pleeese)....
    Here's a Strat pic to stay on topic :)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...c/P1010075.jpg

I'm always listening and searching for new ones to throw into my solos, and accidentally came across a new one watching Richie Sambora recently on VH-1.

bear with my amateur tab:

In B

E ----10---7---------10----------------
    B --------------7----------10----7-----

fast triplet

I don't know why I never used this one before..

anyway,
    any new/old favorites you'd like to share?

thanks

TFF Stage Crew

Re: Whats your favorite VAMP ??? !!!

Quote Originally Posted by alanfc View Post
    (mods pleeeese don't move this to the Woodshed pleeese)....

It belongs where it belongs. We do this stuff for a reason. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pc View Post
    It belongs where it belongs. We do this stuff for a reason. Thanks.
    OK got it/thanks

Forum Member

A couple of weeks ago, I was noodling around and started playing a little vamp that sounded strangely familiar to me. It was fun to play, but it took me a while to figure out where I'd heard it. Turns out it's the vamp from Springsteen's "Spirit in the Night," which is actually played by organ and sax, at least on the live album I have. It's very guitar-like in its construction, though; makes me wonder if Springsteen originally came up with the vamp himself on guitar when he was writing the song.

Anyway, that's one I keep coming back to when I'm just sitting there with the guitar and playing idly. It sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by refriedwhiskey View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, I was noodling around and started playing a little vamp that sounded strangely familiar to me. It was fun to play, but it took me a while to figure out where I'd heard it. Turns out it's the vamp from Springsteen's "Spirit in the Night," which is actually played by organ and sax, at least on the live album I have. It's very guitar-like in its construction, though; makes me wonder if Springsteen originally came up with the vamp himself on guitar when he was writing the song.

Anyway, that's one I keep coming back to when I'm just sitting there with the guitar and playing idly. It sounds good.
    cool I love that- I loved this one Coltrane major arpeggio thingy that was impossible but I slowed it down in my computer anyway..still can't do it but its fun practice

Will this Springsteen thing you're referring to be =only = on the live record or will the album have it too.? (so's I can buy the tune on Itunes)
    thanks

Forum Member

I honestly don't know. I assume they tried to play it pretty close to the original recording when they did it live, but I can't remember ever hearing the original recording. The live album was pretty much my first introduction to Springsteen, aside from hearing Born to Run on the classic rock stations -- so the live versions are kind of the definitive versions for me.

(The live album is called Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band: Live 1975-1985. A wonderful three-disc set if you love Springsteen's older stuff. I don't usually care for live albums, but I got this one for Christmas about 20 years ago, and it's one of the best live sets ever.)

Quote Originally Posted by refriedwhiskey View Post
    I honestly don't know. I assume they tried to play it pretty close to the original recording when they did it live, but I can't remember ever hearing the original recording. The live album was pretty much my first introduction to Springsteen, aside from hearing Born to Run on the classic rock stations -- so the live versions are kind of the definitive versions for me.

(The live album is called Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band: Live 1975-1985. A wonderful three-disc set if you love Springsteen's older stuff. I don't usually care for live albums, but I got this one for Christmas about 20 years ago, and it's one of the best live sets ever.)
    yes I will find it ! THanks