Thread: FX Pedal orden on Pedal Board

FX Pedal orden on Pedal Board

Hello,I was wondering if the order in wich I put my pedal or the pedal board can change the sound.

I have 4 pedal

Boss Delay DD3 ,made in Taiwan
    Boss CE-2 Black Label Silver Screw
    Visual Sound Jeckyll & Hyde Overdrive
    Crybaby 535Q , no mods.

What would be the best position to place them¿?

Thanks
    Dont Matter if you feel alone, your fender is always there for you...

Re: FX Pedal orden on Pedal Board

It does affect the sound. Some folks will say that there is a correct way to order your effects but I believe in experimenting and placing them where you get the sounds you want. I personally few effects place as follows: Guitar - Tuner - Wah Wah - Tubescreamer - TRex Replica - Amp

Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by andresbriceno View Post
    Hello,I was wondering if the order in wich I put my pedal or the pedal board can change the sound.

I have 4 pedal

Boss Delay DD3 ,made in Taiwan
    Boss CE-2 Black Label Silver Screw
    Visual Sound Jeckyll & Hyde Overdrive
    Crybaby 535Q , no mods.

What would be the best position to place them¿?

Thanks

With what you have I would go

1.the wha
    2.jeckyll & hyde
    3.boss ce-2
    4.boss dd-3

If you have an amp with an effect's loop,put the delay & color type pedal's In the loop. Wha's & distortion type pedal's In the front of the amp.
    Oh the tone

I order mine like that, but I never put the chorus and delay in the loop. I don't like having pedals in an amp's loop; they are generally designed to go in front of the amp.

I will, however, put chorus/delay/reverb multifx units in the loop.

Some people like Wah before distortion, some like it after. Personally, I prefer it to be before, but that's mainly because of me being "right-footed."

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

Ok, my amp is a princeton reverb 79, this is the correct way also sound speaking , not comfort?
    Dont Matter if you feel alone, your fender is always there for you...

You can experiment with what you think sounds best. But in general I would always put the delay and reverb last in the chain.

My setup:

Guitar --> Dist/Overdrive --> Flanger/Chorus --> Phaser --> Delay --> Reverb
    "Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so" -- Douglas Adams
    "If something has a 1 in a million chance of occurring, 9 times out of 10 it will happen" -- Terry Pratchett

Forum Member

MusiciansFriend.com has a little Tech Tip about how to order your effects and why (I thought they also had a longer article by Craig Anderton, but I can't seem to find it now, and their articles aren't indexed or searchable):

There is no absolute rule for the order effects can be linked, but there is a tried-and-true method that is a really good place to start. First, plug your guitar into your compressor to give the rest of the effects a smooth, even signal. The preamp/distortion is next because you want to put high-gain devices on a clean signal, not a processed one. Likewise, your EQ should come before your coloring effects. Wah, chorus, flange, and other coloring effects are next. The order doesn't really matter that much. The delay comes after these effects, so you can have the chorus or flanging effects on repeats. The last effect in your chain is reverb. This way, your active effects can be heard in the decaying reverb. The noise gate (which is not an effect) comes after the reverb to extinguish any noise created by other pedals. Again, this is not the only way to link your effects, but we suggest you start with this setup and experiment until you feel comfortable with your sound.