Thread: 57/62 PUP's

57/62 PUP's

Are these a very clean chimey sounding pickup?

brianf
    Oh Man!!! I never knew Fender made amps too!!!

Brian, I love these pickups they are exactly what a vintage strat should sound like to me and they are cheap.
    Formerly Bluesgtr20

The recent 57/62's with beveled polepieces are great sounding pickups. I'm using them in my 20 year old '57 reissue. I've probably used 10-12 different pickup sets in this guitar over the years, and the new 57/62's sound better than anything I've tried. I was going to put Fralin's in and a guitar tech talked me into trying the Fender's. And for $90 for the set. You can't go wrong. The only downside is that the middle pickup isn't RW/RP, but the tone is so good that I don't care.
    Highly recommended.

Forum Member
    Hi, my first post here, I've been at the LPF for almost 3 yrs. now. I guess I had alot more ?'s about Les Paul's since I've been playing Fenders for alot longer.

Anyways, GuitarG, do you think the "New" 57/62 pups are alot different than slightly earlier examples. I've got a US Vintage '57 RI Strat with a 12-17-97 neck date that sounds killer with the stock pups but I can't help but be a little curious. Aren't the "New" 57/62's like 5.6k in all positions? My pups read 5.97k neck, 6.02k middle, 6.49k bridge, which would make them very similar to the CS 54's.

Thanks for the info guys. I am looking at either getting a Custom Shop Strat or a Lentz built.

I'm very torn which route to take. If I go Fender C.S. I think those are the PUP's I would choose. I have heard others say the same as you guys. Even though these are not Custom Shop PUPS they just may be Fender's best sounding ones.

brianf
    Oh Man!!! I never knew Fender made amps too!!!