Thread: Good speaker for Vibrolux

Forum Member

Good speaker for Vibrolux

Hey all, I have a Tweed Vibrolux narrow panel i'm trying to get singin' again. I'm going to have the original speaker reconed but I also want to get a speaker to play through for the time being. I was wondering if I should just buy a Jensen P10r reissue or could I yield more interesting sounds from other brand speakers? Any suggestions?

Weber P10Q's (10A125) are also a nice option for your amp.

www.webervst.com

Living in the body that is now called "grito"
    I think a Jensen or Weber p10r would sound nice if you were looking at a dirty pushed tone. The P10Q would stay cleaner.
    Last edited by Ace; 07-09-2003 at 02:04 PM.

speaker ideas

me i love celestions also i almost forgot to tell you that carvin makes nice sets of spkrs all different sizes very cheap i totaallly re speakered one of my cabinete 2/12 spkrs with vintage styled carvins they sound very much like my celestion 25 watt greenbacks lol no jokin and i turened another local buddy musician onto carvin products for the money their prices are very reasonable bro ask or order you a catalog at
    carvindirect,com
    or carvin .com
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

Forum Member

Tweed Vibrolux spkr

One good option with tweeds is to box the original and use it for recording....as for gigs, get a higher powered alnico (Q, or a Weber high power Alnico) to get more juice out of it. Stick to a Jensen-based design; a Celestion will only make it sound like a bad Marshall. Speaker swaps in small tweeds takes about 10 minutes, so it's no problem to swap them out for different uses...

Forum Member

Re: Good speaker for Vibrolux

Originally posted by sigandstrat
    Hey all, I have a Tweed Vibrolux narrow panel i'm trying to get singin' again. I'm going to have the original speaker reconed but I also want to get a speaker to play through for the time being. I was wondering if I should just buy a Jensen P10r reissue or could I yield more interesting sounds from other brand speakers? Any suggestions?
    My favorite speakers for a tweed amp are the Eminence Legend 102. It's very open and airy and IMO is the best "vintage" replacement speaker out there.

these are also the equivalent of the Fender Blue Alnico you used to find in the RI Bassman.

Mojotone used to carry an identical speaker called the MP10R but they're no longer making those. I have a couple in the garage for spares. But I think you can't go wrong with the Eminence.