Thread: Identify my Squier Bullet

Forum Member

Identify my Squier Bullet

Looking for some help in getting more info about my Squier. I bought a used Squier Bullet around 1988 or '89. It's got a maple Stratocaster neck clearly labeled Squier Bullet by Fender but it has a white enameled Telecaster body. At least it loooks pretty similar to a Tele body. It doesn't have the standard Tele two dial control plate though(two dials, yes).I've replaced the pickups in the last few years because they were crap but otherwise it's a great guitar that plays real, real nice. Can anyone tell me more about it? I've searched online extensively. It's got a serial number that begins with "E". Thanks for any help. Tim

Re: Identify my Squier Bullet

it's crap...sell it to me

lol

they were bullets...do a search, maybe for USA Bullets

student guitar
    made from 'parts'
    made in korea w/ usa moniker?? one never knows!
    i have a few

fripperton has a few, too, i think
    i love em.
    altho, i just do the 81-83 USA versions FENDERS, not Squires

Imanidiot.

Forum Member

That guitar has very little in common with the one I'm talking about. There's no pickguard on mine and it's a straight up strat neck. I read somewhere else that maybe that some are "Squire" and some are "Squier". I'm not at home so I can't look right now.

Forum Member

I just found one online that looks the same. The I have some Fender Lace sensor pickups in the front and a DiMarzio humbucker in the back though. I had a local vintage guitar guy(not saying this guitar is vintage) tighten down the bridge because it was loose with the pseudo-Whammy bar. Made it go out of tune too easily. I guess it's Japanese.

Forum Member

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/335037890.html Can't get the image thing to work for me. Suggestions?

oh yea, ...those

never had one of those

almost bought an `85 tele like that...alll black
    Imanidiot.

Does it look like this, http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Japan-Squ...QQcmdZViewItem

There was apparently a series Japanese Squier Bullets that seemed to be predecessors to the HM Series and were made in the mid-1980s right before the HM series was introduced. I have three Bullets. Two 1984 Japanese Bullets and a 1989 Korean. Really, the Bullets were great guitars up until the 1990s when they started going with the ply bodies and cheapo electronics.
    If I stopped buying Strats, I would probably get better at playing them.