Thread: New GFS pickups for my Strat?

LoveBandit

New GFS pickups for my Strat?

I am thinking about getting a set of these for my MIM Strat:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/60grbostsemo.html

Any thoughts or opinions on doing this? Are there any other Strat pickups from GFS that I should be getting instead IYHO?

thanks, LB.

LoveBandit

Re: New GFS pickups for my Strat?

Whatever came in my (seemingly stock) used 2004 MIM Strat is what is in there now. I am looking for a vintage single coil sound with a little more "kick" to it. The GFS Texas style pickups look cool also but I don't know if I want that hot of a bridge pickup (9 or 10K or so).

My plan is to put in some GFS pickups and do the "tone mod" so I can control my bridge pu's tone and be done with it and JAM!! LB.

LoveBandit

I just ordered them. A "tone report" WILL follow next week.

LB (it sure is nice to have a personal "pickup consultant") THANKS!!

LoveBandit

The GFS pickups are in.......I like the sound! They are "glassier" and more "sparkly" than the MIM Strat pickups that they replaced. The original pickups were kinda "muddy" IMO. All in all, I am very pleased with these pickups, especially for the money. Thanks for the advice Fezz! LB.

LoveBandit

The 60's/70's grey bottom non-staggered ones from the original link. I also did the tone mod.......all in all a nice change!! LB.

I've been looking at those grey bottoms too...hmmm.
    Thanks for the tone report!
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

LoveBandit

I just cranked up my tube amp and REALLY gave 'em a test drive today. WOW. I LOVE them now. I see what GFS means when they say they "really drive an amp". They sustain like a frickin' humbucker but the tone is still bell-like. I felt like Dick Dale almost......couldn't play like him but I DID feel like him. Man, what a good deal. LB.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBandit View Post
    The 60's/70's grey bottom non-staggered ones from the original link. I also did the tone mod.......all in all a nice change!! LB.
    i
    would like to try this greybottom non staggered aswell
    Gotta have tone baby!