Thread: '52 RI necks

'52 RI necks

I posted recently that there was a '52 Tele RI that I had played while picking up my '57 Strat.
    It had a huge U shaped neck on it that was perfect- should have brought that home instead.

I'm wondering how common it is to find a good, large neck on a '52 RI with a nice fit in the neck pocket.
    As I've been a Strat man when it comes to Fenders I don't have a lot of experience in the Tele arena.
    I have played a few others ('52's) & have found the necks to be on the thinner side.

I don't know if this is only because I have not played too many of them & haven't seen a good representation of what's out there in the '52 RI world.
    What's been the experience of the Tele hounds in this area?

Forum Member

Re: '52 RI necks

My 52ri has a big neck and the neck fit is tight.I traded it away over a year ago and I got it back last week.I was going to sell it to get a CS strat.Im keeping it now,it kills with my 45410.Its the only 52ri ive played,so I dont know if they are all like it.I dont think you would be sorry if you go get it.
    Last edited by blues 1; 04-03-2007 at 06:41 AM. Reason: 7

Re: '52 RI necks

Most I've seen with "larger" necks are from '99 on. The early ones (and most, but not all, 'til late '90's) are "unrealistically" too small.
    Sell me that guitar!