Thread: Fender amp?

Forum Member

Fender amp?

Hi there,
    I play JCM 900 hi gain 100w amp for the heavy stuff. Now i'm looking for a second amp to go with the Marshall and A/B switch between them. I always liked the sweet tones of Fender.
    I only want tube...

I play in a rock coverband that varies from hendrix to Creed/nickelback.
    I want a really loud amp with a crystal clean sound and wich go very good with a dist/overdrive pedal. I like the RAT's though.

Anyone of you have this kind of setup? and what fender amp can you advise me?

Thanks mates...

gr
    D.

Living in the body that is now called "grito"
    A Fender Twin Reverb is the epitome of clean and would mate well with the 100w Marshall power wise. If you have an extra cab, I would look for a Dual Showman Reverb head (basically a Twin head).

Forum Member
    My vote is for the Twin as well. Great clean and works great with pedals.

The Twin is the route to take. If you are looking to spend a little less, an HR Deville 4 x 10 is very clean and very loud.

brianf
    Oh Man!!! I never knew Fender made amps too!!!

Forum Member

Agreed, Twin it should be...

Using the "Evil Twin" myself. Depending on the guitar, it's very versatile for everything from SRV to whatever. And the 120 watts should wake up those sleepy bar patrons.....
    "All I gotta say about it is I ain't never gonna do nuthin about none of it."

Living in the body that is now called "grito"
    I've stunned the front row with a '68 Twin. That was scary. I had to lean him over to finish the show.:tw59

Forum Member
    The Twin is a great amp of course but I'm looking for a head. I already have a 4x12 cab.
    The Showman Dual Reverb is the head to go for but simply not to get here (the netherlands).
    What tube heads did Fender make wich is a bit simular to the showman?

I have often wondered why Fender produces so few models in heads?

brianf
    Oh Man!!! I never knew Fender made amps too!!!

If you don't need reverb, any of the 'normal' Showman heads should do fine. They do need good power tubes to sound good, but the nice big output transformers(same as the TR) keep them from sounding wimpy as long as the volume is up a little. There's also the Brownface/BF/SF Bassman heads - some of these need some mods so the extra gain stages in the bass channel can be used for guitar. Bandmaster heads are crystal clean but thin sounding IMO. A Bassman output transformer can really help these sound richer. The Tremolux heads are only 33 watts and probably not what you're looking for - they're great blues machines though...

Re: Fender amp?

I have a 1988 Marshall JCM800 2205 full stack with celestion G12T-75's for radical tone. I have a 1972 Fender Twin with 2 JBL D120F speakers for a super clean tone. Imo the 70-72 Twin with the AA270 circuit was the cleanest made. Some Dual Showmans with reverb have the AA270 circuit. You can add an extension cabinet to the twin for a full stack.