Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Whats on your pedal board?

Re: Whats on your pedal board?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    I used to have a whole bunch of stuff and still have 2 old pedal boards still assembled and in working order, but this simplified everything.
    Wow. How well does it work? Can just 4 virtual pedals replace a whole raft of stuff?

(For example - sometimes, when I want to get a bit crazy, I'll have the TS9, the SD1, and the LPB1 on all at the same time...to get that Neal Schon super-sustaining lead sound).

Do you need to augment this board with, say, a wah pedal?

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

My current setup;

+

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenjangle View Post
    Wow. How well does it work? Can just 4 virtual pedals replace a whole raft of stuff?

(For example - sometimes, when I want to get a bit crazy, I'll have the TS9, the SD1, and the LPB1 on all at the same time...to get that Neal Schon super-sustaining lead sound).

It works fabulously!
    A few things:
    You can assign any of the 4 blocks to any effect you want in any order. Want 3 delays and compression? No problem. Want 4 distortions? No problem. You can have all effects set running left to right or right to left.
    You can assign modulation and spatial effects to a separate loop to go into your amp's effects loop.
    The unit also has a loop so you can insert your other pedals anywhere in the chain.

For wah - you can use up to 2 foot controllers and assign them to any parameter in any effect or you can use your favorite wah.

The unit is true bypass or buffered and you decide which to run.

Simply a great unit and simple to use and integrate into your system.
    For the cost of 2 or 3 boutique pedals I now have an infinitely customizable 75 effects, a looper and 12 different pedal board set ups which can be changed with one button push. Go from country gig to metal gig to jazz gig with one button push.
    http://line6.com/m13/
    "Live long and prosper."
    http://www.soundclick.com/spudman

Forum Member

Am I the only one sick enough to be thinking "Wow, it would be cool to have two of those"?
    "I haven't slept for ten days...because that would be too long." -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by elicross View Post
    Am I the only one sick enough to be thinking "Wow, it would be cool to have two of those"?
    Eli, since I run about 10 pedals, I was thinking of that - though I almost never run all at once. In fact, running 10 at once causes the flux capacitor that I have on the bottom of my pedalboard to start to stretch and invert the time/space continuum a bit.

I might need to investigate that little box...perhaps with a volume pedal and wah pedal, it would be a workable backup/alternative to my "hell's 1/2 acre" pedalboard.

Forum Member

D'Oh My Gawd..a modeller. Thats analog Heresy! Burn him at the stake..or at least burn his steak! Hey, we spend hundreds and hundeds on old analog pedals and along comes mister modeler and does everyhting in one fell swoop for 1/10th the price. I call B.S>!!

The new issue of Guitar Player magazine has a review of it, and the guy used a pair of expression pedals for wah and volume...Of course it was a positive review; when do they ever review something negatively - but I might need to make a trip to the HoG soon to just try this thing out...

I've seen the Line6 board in a couple ads, though I haven't seen it in person yet.
    How's the sound? Does it compare to the mini-danelectros? Boss? Boutique?
    I did get a chance to play the TC Electronic's G-System a while back. great sounding system, and seems that it'll do anything except get you off... though for $1500 it better...
    Then there was when I was working at a guitar store, and the Roland rep came in to demo stuff. He had a pair of VG-88's linked up witha half dozen exprfession pedals. Pretty cool stuff he was doing, but you need a couple doctorates in astrophysics and rocket science to figure it all out..
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Analog Man Sun Lion fuzz booster > HAO Rust Driver > Teese Real McCoy Picture wah > MXR Auto Q > Tonefactor Huckleberry > Alf Hermida's Zendrive > Dr. Scientist Sunny Day delay > Peterson Strobostomp tuner > Electro-Harmonic P.O.G. Poly Octave Generator > Rooster Booster
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

Quote Originally Posted by ziess View Post
    My current setup;

+

I'm not too far removed from this. Lately it's just a Planet Waves tuner & a Boss Blues Driver. I don't need a pedal board. I need a plank, or a paperback book.
    Time wounds all heels.

Forum Member

Mine's now

(Build Your Own Clone version)

I would like to add a delay and maybe a reverb, but that's about it. My current "pedalboard" is a Visual Sound 1-Spot power supply and a removable shelf from my computer desk.
    "I haven't slept for ten days...because that would be too long." -- Mitch Hedberg

Well... right now I use a Pedaltrain 2 HC board with VodooLabs Pedal Power 2 plus. From the guitar it goes as follows.

• Cheeseblock Effects modded Crybaby (w/Q mod, fasel inductor, true bypass and blue LED)
    • Loop-Master true bypass dual effects looper
    - Side one of Loop-Master > Boss MT-2
    - Side two of Loop-Master > Boss SD-1 (highly modded)
    • Cheeseblock Effects true bypass dual looper
    - Side one of the Cheeseblock > (2) Boss DD-3's for short/long delays
    - Side two of the Cheeseblock > Boss CH-1 > Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe > Line 6 Tonecore Roto-Machine
    • Xotic RC Boost

From there I go into whatever amp rig I'm playing through (depending on the venue!) which is as follows (2) Marshall 2204's and matching cabinets from the mid 70's, or a Fender HRDx (which getting ready to be modded by TJ), or a vintage Fender Musicmaster Bass amp (12 watt "porch weasel") or my early '60-'63 Sears Silvertone model 1484 2 x 12.

The pedalboard sounds great with any of the amps listed above or if I jump into a local blues jam and use someone else's guitar amp!

OK, I googled Cheeseblock Effects and couldn't find them. Are they a local pedal maker in SC?

OK, I googled Cheeseblock Effects and couldn't find them. Are they a local pedal maker in SC?
    Yeah... the guy is local to Charlotte, NC (about 15 miles from where I live in SC). Anyhow here is a link to his site!

http://www.cheeseblockseffects.com/Index.html

He's VERY reasonable and in most cases cheaper than most boutique pedal makers and upgraders!

FWIW, I spent about an hour at the House of Guitars checking out the new Line6 M13 and it's everything they reported it to be. Man, there is some serious tweekability to be had there - and the tones are absolutely incredible. Finally, someone has made a powerful and flexible pedalboard that just does pedals - none of that amp modeling that sounds cool in your PC but then falls apart when put through an amp.

I might need to totally rework my small pedalboard, putting in ONLY the pedals that are essential to a small rock gig, and then sell my big pedalboard and all the leftover pedals and buy this amazing piece of kit. Wow! We'll see, though...I've always used pedals.

FWIW, I spent about an hour at the House of Guitars checking out the new Line6 M13 and it's everything they reported it to be. Man, there is some serious tweekability to be had there - and the tones are absolutely incredible. Finally, someone has made a powerful and flexible pedalboard that just does pedals - none of that amp modeling that sounds cool in your PC but then falls apart when put through an amp.

I might need to totally rework my small pedalboard, putting in ONLY the pedals that are essential to a small rock gig, and then sell my big pedalboard and all the leftover pedals and buy this amazing piece of kit. Wow! We'll see, though...I've always used pedals.
    One of my stage rigs... and mighty good one at that is my POD XT Live with ALL the modeling packages that are available loaded on it and my (2) Tech 21 Power Engine 60's. The Tech 21's are a power amp only deal that doesn't color the sound of the modeler. And at 60 watts and each having a 12" Celestion speaker in a retro looking open backed cabinet they sound plenty loud for any gig from small to large. The sound technician we use loves it when I use this setup... because there are no mic's and he gets the same thing in the house sound as I hear on stage! Each Tech 21 has an XLR out. I run them in stereo so my amp models are very full and my effects are extremely cool. I have had to practically obtain a degree in computer science to program it efficiently and make everything sound great but its a very reliable rig and can be loaded in my trunk with a couple of guitars... the amps weigh only 24 lbs. each! I have patches setup for everything from Fender twins and Roland Jazz Chorus 120's to JTM 45's with a stomp box boost for solos to high gain Marshall JCM 800 - 2000 and Bognar's or Mesa triple rectifiers!

In fact the last gig my band played I had several "guitar snobs" come up complimenting and asking me where I had all the effects rack and amps? They assumed I must be using three or four amps and a rack full of effects to do what they were hearing... just broke their hearts when they found out truth!

Anyhow... I've spent a lot of coin on that rig... it should sound great. I tried running that system with a standard tube amp in every possible configuration in the manual and it never sounded right except for in the headphones or studio monitors... with the Tech 21's I can faithfully reproduce everything the POD XT Live can dish out and then some!

Congrats. DZ! One of my favorite guitarist, Lincoln Brewster, uses just a pair of strats and a pair of the X3Lives (one as a backup) straight in, and then takes the 1/4" outs to a pair of amps (whatever the venue provides; Marshall, Boogie, or even a pair of Twins or AC30's) for stage volume. But everything is done with the X3 - and most of the time he's on one patch which simulates his favoriteAC30, wound up - and he's using his volume and tone knobs and pickup selector to get an unbelievable array of tones.

What I like about the M13 most was its flexibility, and the way it is designed to be in front of a guitar amp. The Power Engine thing is great, but I've already got combo's I can use.

Gianni, were I you, if you are looking for the Line 6 effects, just buy a PODxt Live pedalboard and turn of the amp and cabinet sims. You'll have all the effects, expression pedal, and you'll have PODxt to record with. Lot's of patches and real-time tweaks to do to.

Lot's of dudes used the PODxtLive and never used it without turning off the AIR and amp sims and got bad sounds so they sell them used pretty cheap.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Tourin the southland in a travelin minstrel show...

OK, I could not stomach the micro board, sticking with the 'medium' board:

guitar>A/B/Y>tuner>boost>OD>fuzz>wah>comp>delay...

Still dialing in the small board - it sounded pretty good in church last week. This week, I figured "what the heck" so I brought out the big board and it sounded SO much better.

I'm probably going to stick with what I got for now anyway - but that M13 is one hella' nice system.

Chuck, the recording that I do...I like to mic my amp and go for it. I've got a couple nice LDC's and my SM57.

Forum Member

Just swapped out the Memory Man and MXR phaser for a BOSS DD7 and Line6 MM4. Love the DD7. Jury's stil out on the MM4.

The Crybaby 535Q and Digitech Whammy are not leaving anytime soon.
    www.notinmybook.com

This week it looks like

Orange Squash > OCD V.3 > Carbon Copy

And maybe, the stand-alone reverb tank.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

I've fallen out of love w/ my wah after playing anothers guy's. Think maybe it was a 'Mr. Crybaby Super' or something like that. Need to find out what it was and get one...

I just got a PRS SE One and have a big gig next Friday.
    Might try just going straight into the 5E3...
    One pickup, one volume control.

Tonebone Classic and a Boss Tuner and my built in Vib and Rev.

The latest....

Last edited by hudpucker; 08-12-2009 at 10:36 AM.
    Tone is in the fingers, eh? Let's hear your Vox, Marshall and Fender fingerings then...

Our cover band is starting rehearsals next week. I only know a small portion of the proposed set list, so this board is just to be prepared for anything and everything.

Once the set is finalized, I will probably end up with 2 -3 dirt pedals and one or two delays. Wah pedal and vibe are coming along with me just in case and might be added too.

Also, I'm on the fence with the BBE Sonic Stomp. Might be quickly off the board next week...

I think I'll keep this version for a while...

MMCQUAIN * Rock, Blues, Christian player * mmcquain@mcquain.com
    Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute, Breedlove Acoustic/Electric
    Egnater, Dean Markley, D'Addario, various effect pedals
    http://www.youtube.com/mmcquain * http://www.facebook.com/mmcquain

mmcquain, that looks great. Respectfully, you may want to start using some masking tape to mark your looper, looks like you're running out of space with that marker!

Forum Member

Those are some insane boards. I keep it decently simple.

535q Wah, Zvex Box of Rock, and DD-20 GigaDelay.

This summer I plan on getting into the BYOC pedals. First one I plan on making is the Tremolo. Any have any experience with the BYOC Tremolo??

Quote Originally Posted by jeru View Post
    mmcquain, that looks great. Respectfully, you may want to start using some masking tape to mark your looper, looks like you're running out of space with that marker!
    Thanks and yes, it is time the looper gets a face lift!!!
    MMCQUAIN * Rock, Blues, Christian player * mmcquain@mcquain.com
    Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute, Breedlove Acoustic/Electric
    Egnater, Dean Markley, D'Addario, various effect pedals
    http://www.youtube.com/mmcquain * http://www.facebook.com/mmcquain

Just got the loop master pedal that I had on order, so here's the new board.. Bottom right is a SHO circuit, and the top middle fella switches channel/reverb on the amp. Can't wait till the outdoor gigs this season!

I've now gotten it down to this 12 x 17 one. The wires will go underneath, still needs finishing out. The looper goes on top of back of the big BF clone amp head and the wah on the floor.

I have 2 main boards ... Big board ...

Smaller Board ...

Turbo Tuner>Screw Driver>Lunar Module>DD7
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

Csapo, what kinda connecting cables are you using for your board? They are so clean.

My board is Furman SPB-8. It's loaded as follows:

Peterson Strobostomp...Crybaby Classic Wah...Vox Valve Tone OD...Fulltone OCD...Xotic BB Preamp...Maxon AD999 Delay, or MXR Carbon Copy delay...65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue, verb engaged at 2, trem engaged for fun occasionally.

I play 62 Reissue Strats, or my Gibson Elliot Easton SG into this set up.

Pics to come.
    "I'm a hand model, mama. A finger jockey. We think differently than the face and body boys."

Partsocaster>Tonebone Classic>DRRI.

Hello there,

...almost two years gone since my last post of a version... thought it's time for another post... here's the most recent version...

front-row from left to right:
    HUGHES & KETTNER Rotosphere
    BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver
    MXR phase 90 Phaser
    ELECTRO HARMONIX LPB-1 Booster
    BOSS DD-3 Digital-Delay-Pedal
    DUNLOP Jimi-Hendrix-WahWah

in between:
    KORG-Tuner
    LEHLE 3-channel-switch

back-row from left to right:
    ELECTRO HARMONIX Holy Grail Reverb
    TOADWORKS Death Rattle Mk3
    BOSS RV-3 Digital-Reverb/Delay-Pedal
    FULLTONE Full Drive 2 Mosfet 10th Anniversary Edition
    DUNLOP Uni-Vibe

...and... still, I'm using it with my MARSHALL Bluesbreaker Combo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

two videos I treid to document the 2008 version...

VIDEO part 1 of 2008 version

VIDEO part 2 of 2008 version

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

here are some more pictures of my older boards...

Greetings
    PIT....

why three verb/delays...?

Hi,

the HOLY GRAIL is in the effects-chain of channel 1 of my Bluesbreaker amp, for a rather vintage flavour...

the DD-3 and the RV-3 are in channel 2.
    The DD-3 Delay is adjusted to a somewhat longer delay with a few repetitions for solos only, that's why it's placed in the front row for easy and fast access... and the RV-3 ist adjusted to rather short, room-like-reverb, and is always kicked in...

PIT...

makes sense. i use my mini board similarly. ST boost and micro delay (set to simulate verb) are only thing that goes on my home grown 15 watt tweedish head. use the other effects into on-board verb of my BF clone...

i see you like the Blackie and baja, believe they both have that same great soft V neck ;-)