Thread: New Member - Can't get the tone

Forum Member

New Member - Can't get the tone

Hello my name is Leo. I am a big EC fan and really enjoy the site. I am having a hard time trying to get the EC Tone. I have all the equipment I think I need ( 15 different guitars, including a EC Fender Strat with Lace sensors pups, Fender blackface twin reverb, Marshall AVT 100 with half stack, Dunlop Cry Baby WAH, volume pedal, boos chorus pedal, boss GT-6, Morley ABY switch and so on ) but I am sure I am do not have the right settings to achieve that EC sound. I do not think I am setting up the amps right or something. I can play the songs but I don't feel I am gettin that EC sound or tone. HELP PLEASE it's driving me crazy. If any one can help me I can sure use it.

Thanks, Leo

Forum Member
    Last time I saw him he was using a number of Tweed Supers.
    A Twin Reverb might not be the right amp for EC Tone.
    A JTM45 tweaked right could do it.

Forum Member

Clapton

Clapton is easy to get.....try a Vibro King....or just get a Keeley modded Boss BD-2.....every tone/sound ya ever heard or wanted is in it.....don

Bottom line:

You're always going to sound like yourself no matter what gear you use.

I heard Steve Lukather mention how he played through Eddie Van Halen's rig and still sounded like Steve Lukather. He sounded nothing like EVH.

Ask almost any famous player and he'll tell you that your tone comes from your hands first and foremost. Tone is a personal thing and is shaped by your touch.

ERIC CLAPTON

THAT SOUND HEY A CHORUS PEDAL A WAH IN FRONT OF THE AMP AND THE GAIN TURNED UP AND TREBLE ON 7 BASS ON 3 IS A START
    WHEN I SAW CLAPTON LIVE HE WAS USING SOLDANO AMPLIFIERS THEY COST A FORTUNE PLUS HIS RACK OF GEAR EFFECTS WAS ABOUT 4 FEET TALL NO JOKING
    WHO KNOWS WHAT RACK GEAR HE HAD IN THERE
    HE HAD THIS THIN CRISP YET VERY OVERDRIVEN OVERCHORUSED SOUND I LOVED IT
    HIS SOUND WAS BRILLIANT I CANT EXPLAIN IT BUT HE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE HIS GUITAR SING HE'S A GENIUS I LOVE HIS TONE IT'S LIKE A BB KING TONE BUT MORE POWERFUL I CANT EXPLAIN IT BUT HE DID HAVE A THIN TREBBLEY SOUND CUT RIGHT THRU THE MIX
    THE SHOW WAS GREAT
    I SAW HIM IN 93 THAT WAS THE AMPLIFIERS I SAW HIM USE THAT GIG

THAT CLAPTON SOUND

BE PROUD TO BE YOURELF YOU WILL SOUND LIKE YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT GUITAR HERO'S SOUND YOURE AFTER
    ITS GOOD TO TRY TO EMULATE SOMEONE BUT IN THE LONG RUN YOU ARE YOU I AM ME WE ALL ARE UNIQUE ITS LIFE
    ALL THE BEST GEAR WILL ONLY RACK UP LOTS OF MONEY AND ALL I MEAN WE ALL ARE INDIVIDUALS
    I AINT SAYING YOU WONT SOUND LIKE CLAPTON BUT SOMEHOW WE ALWAYS SOUND LIKE OURSELVES
    GOOD LUCK
    CLAPTON IS A BB KING ALBERT KING ROBERT JOHNSON FAN
    CLAPTON SOUNDS LIKE CLAPTON IN MY OPINION
    HE OWNS ALOT OF VERY EXPENSIVE GUITARS AND RACK GEAR HIS SOUND CAN BE EMULATED BUT PRETTY HARD TO TRULY DUPLICATE
    HIS GEAR IS TRADE SECRET PROBABLY
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS