Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else feel this way about stickers on guitars?

Forum Member

Re: Anyone else feel this way about stickers on guitars?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidhouse View Post
    When I first started playing, it was the late 80s. Hairbands ruled the earth and stickers were common on guitars with my teen generation. Even though everyone else was doing it, I couldn't bring myself to do it. By the way, I am the same with my surfboards. I hate the look of stickers on both.
    I must say this though, in 1991-93, when I was sponsored by my local surf shop, THAT sticker looked sooo cool on my board!

I think sponsorship stickers are a little different. It's like saying Nascar drivers are posers/ poseurs/ pozers/ poe's urs/ or whatever is the proper spelling vs. the meaning because they have stickers on their car. I didn't have any of those kinds of stickers on my board because in essence, I was a poseur. Thanks for the correct spelling Hudpucker. : )

Edited because I can't spell when I type fast.
    Last edited by Acidhouse; 02-25-2007 at 03:55 PM.
    If I stopped buying Strats, I would probably get better at playing them.

Like I said earlier, I think stickers look OK if they're done right. One choice sticker in just the right spot can enhance a guitar's look if you're going for that type of look. It kind of gives the guitar a little of your individual personality.

Covering a guitar in stickers just has a certain look to it that IMHO echos the 80's or 90's punk rock scene. Not really my thing, but it has its place I guess.

4x12's, however, are another story. I have an Ampeg 4x12 I'm still in the process of completely covering in stickers. My old band was also sponsored by a surf shop-Jack's Surfboards in Newport Beach, also Fyasko clothing, Quicksilver Eye Wear, and Brewer surfboards.

All I have left over from that period are the stickers, and it's kind of cool to look at the side of that speaker cab and be reminded of the good times I had in that band.

Don't really care for them myself but.....

When I was jamming one day they lack of shielding on my '57 Strat RI was bothering me so I stuck a "Danger High Voltage" sticker (I'm an electrician) on the pickguard where I touched it as a temporary fix
    & it worked well.
    Well, it's still on there & is kind of unique among stickers as they go.

Who am I to tell somebody else what they should or should not do to their guitar?

I've had stickers in the past, none currently. It's not something that even blips on my radar.

Forum Member

I would rather buy a guitar that I have to take the stickers off than a purposefully reliced guitar