Thread: A RAT in my house!!

Forum Member

A RAT in my house!!

Theres a RAT in my house now! A vintage reissue RAT pedal. Its supposed to be one of the best reissues of all. I heard the DAN ( Steelye Dan) used this pedal on their early stuff. In any case, its classic; probably heard on as much vintage 70's stuff as the Dimarzio Super Distortion! Actaully, my Custom Soloist neck thru project copy will have a Super D in the bridge and a DiMArzio PAF in the neck for tried and true vintage 70's sound. The RAT is icing on the proverbial cake! Can you say 70's-80's??

TFF Stage Crew

Re: A RAT in my house!!

Quote Originally Posted by jerryjg View Post
    Theres a RAT in my house now! A vintage reissue RAT pedal. Its supposed to be one of the best reissues of all. I heard the DAN ( Steelye Dan) used this pedal on their early stuff. In any case, its classic; probably heard on as much vintage 70's stuff as the Dimarzio Super Distortion! Actaully, my Custom Soloist neck thru project copy will have a Super D in the bridge and a DiMArzio PAF in the neck for tried and true vintage 70's sound. The RAT is icing on the proverbial cake! Can you say 70's-80's??

Jerry--seriously, you have to stop believing everything you read on Harmony-Central, brother. The Rat wasn't introduced until 1979, and its "predecessor" was released in 1978. It appeared on NO vintage 70s stuff except some underground punk music. Nobody in Steely Dan ever used one on any of their old recordings.

Nice history here on this ProCo sponsored site:

http://www.ratdistortion.com/history.htm
    Last edited by pc; 01-28-2007 at 08:22 PM.

Re: A RAT in my house!!

I built a clone of an early Rat from scratch last year and have been using it a lot.
    I put a trimmer pot inside it to tame the harsh high end.

I actually use it as an overdrive rather than a distortion pedal.