Thread: Vox AC15CC1X

Forum Member

Vox AC15CC1X

One of my buds just got one of these and it sounds wonderful with the Celestion...I have read about quality issues tho...Have these been cleared up?...Maybe it was the AC30CC that had issues?...It is a really nice amp out of the box...Is the Celestion worth the bucks in this amp...I haven't heard the Wharfdale...

TFF Stage Crew

Re: Vox AC15CC1X

I heard the AC30CC with both speakers and have to say that the Celestion sounds worlds better to my ears than the base-level speaker. The AC15CC they had only had the stock speaker (if that's the Wharfdale) and it seemed a bit muffled to me, much like the 30CC with its stock speaker.

For my tastes, the 30CC was too dang expensive with the good speaker, but probably the 15CC would be just about right. I ended up buying my DRRI that day though, so I won't ever really know the answer--at least no time soon.

Sorry, can't answer the quality issues question. I can say I don't recall seeing any posts here about them failing, for whatever that's worth.

Forum Member

Re: Vox AC15CC1X

I actually thought about that...Either putting a Red Fang or a Weber P12B in it...It just sounded so good with the Celestion...That would save 100 bucks tho...