Thread: HRDLX screetch

Forum Member

HRDLX screetch

Hi everyone,
    I have a Tweed Hot Rod Deluxe with a Jensen P12N speaker that I play with a JD Telecaster, and it's been a great amp for a long time now... but, after about 30 sec. after I turn it on, it makes a horrible screetching noise, and then it works perfectly fine after that. Has anyone else had this problem?? Any tips on how to fix this? I'm want to start fixing my amps myself now and I'd greatly appreciate any help. Thanks, -jaime

Re: HRDLX screetch

Quote Originally Posted by Hacienda View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I have a Tweed Hot Rod Deluxe with a Jensen P12N speaker that I play with a JD Telecaster, and it's been a great amp for a long time now... but, after about 30 sec. after I turn it on, it makes a horrible screetching noise, and then it works perfectly fine after that. Has anyone else had this problem?? Any tips on how to fix this? I'm want to start fixing my amps myself now and I'd greatly appreciate any help. Thanks, -jaime

These amps are plagued by bad solder joints. Check the solder on the tube sockets.

Hot Dog Amp

Re: HRDLX screetch

do you have the footswitch plugged in ? i had a bad factory cable once. switched it out never had a problem..