Thread: Speaker Connection Question

Forum Member

Speaker Connection Question

I have posted this in 2 other forums, someone please help!!
    I have a 73 or 74 Sliverface twin. I am having some JBL K-120's reconed to JBL D-120 specs. Now I need to know how to hook them up... I know it sounds crazy but I don't have any idea about speakers or how to hook them up. Could someone please tell me the different ways (if there are any) to hook them up. The speakers will be JBL D-120 12" 8 Ohm. So I will run a 4 ohm load. Again, I don't have a clue as to how to hook them, so if someone could please help me. Thanks!!

Connect the Red to Red, the Black to Black. Connect the Black to the tip of the speaker plug and the red to the sleeve of the speaker plug.

This plug connection is the opposite of other speaker manufactures. JBL did different for years, but their new stuf is like everybody elses. (Positive to the Tip, Negative to the Sleeve)

It doesn't really matter on the plug end as long as the speakers are wired Red to Red and Black to Black. The reason you wire it the way I mentioned above is so that if you plug in an extension speaker cabinet that does not have older JBL speakers in it, it will be in phase with the speakers in your amp.

Check the link below.

http://jblpro.com/pub/technote/tn_v1n12b.pdf

Good luck.

Rick

Sorry...old thread...duh!
    Last edited by Tygr1; 10-12-2003 at 09:35 AM.