Thread: Stings Are In!

Forum Member

Stings Are In!

Rob Schwarz of Fender informed me that they have finally gotten in some more '54RI/"Stings" and have started shipping. I'm supposed to get mine in about three weeks after having been backordered since March.

Forum Member
    well you could have bought one here in Japan for only $1000...yup thats what they go for locally. I was shocked to read a few months ago how little they sell for Stateside. BUT I did buy a FJ `51 p bass that is a production model with a Duncan pup. It`s a lot of fun but I`m not very good on bass yet.

Forum Member
    Check on Ishibashi's site for some interesting prices. Why the Stings are so much in Japan, I can't say. The '51RIs are dirt cheap, and that's the one I really want.

I ordered my Sting for $449.99 delivered when they were on sale at Musician's Friend, but Fender Japan choked on shipping Stings to Fender US for many, many months. They're just starting to come in now, so I'll finally get mine sent as soon as MF gets them from Fender. Current MF price is $580, or so, I believe.

Forum Member
    Why is everything so expensive in Japan?