Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BLACKIE's comin'...

Re: BLACKIE's comin'...

Not only they sound incredibly great, be it acoustically but mainly plugged, but the attention to detail is stunning specially when you compare by seeing the full video of the real one.
    pics of mine in the link below.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...24424473CuoGgL

freekin' awesome collection.

Quote Originally Posted by alainlafrance View Post
    Not only they sound incredibly great, be it acoustically but mainly plugged, but the attention to detail is stunning specially when you compare by seeing the full video of the real one.
    pics of mine in the link below.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...24424473CuoGgL

yes... amazing collection and congrats to BLACKIE... it's not just a tribute guitar... it's really a great tool for playing music...

You are some lucky gear-man...

Greetings
    PIT...

PS: my favourite is the Jaguar Strat... that's awesome... I have seen quite a number of pics over the years in the web... but this one is outstanding...

Woah I can honestly say I don't like any of those guitars in the slightest! I'm sure they all play and sound awesome and i'm sure that they're financially worth a shedload but they just don't do it for me. They look more like PRS' than Fenders if you ask me.
    Different strokes for different folks I suppose... As long as you enjoy them!

Tommy.

Edit: Except for that Jazzmaster!

I find the whole Blackie thing fascinating. Let's see, $20,000 for a replica of a parts-o-caster.

So, if I got this right, some craftsman in the custom shop labored for hours, using hand-selected premium quality components to replicate a guitar that was pieced together out of run-of-the-mill production Strats bought in several Nashville music stores.

Now I understand why so many people believe in UFOs.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by pit_s_xroad View Post
    yes... amazing collection and congrats to BLACKIE... it's not just a tribute guitar... it's really a great tool for playing music...

You are some lucky gear-man...

Greetings
    PIT...

PS: my favourite is the Jaguar Strat... that's awesome... I have seen quite a number of pics over the years in the web... but this one is outstanding...
    Thanks Pit
    I share your opinion, and the pics do not render justice to it in the flesh
    Alain