Thread: What's your clone's 'real' name?

Forum Member

What's your clone's 'real' name?

mine is MIJ or MIC strat called "Xtreme"...bought in Hong Kong this year.

i duno what type of wood is in it; 'been trying to post a pic here but they don't allow attachment, the pic is in a pbase gallery and i just want to post the pic, any suggestion ??

Mine are as follows:

1.) Strat style, has a Route 101 body and trem, fender pups (TS) (wiring from the box in the garage), and a Warmoth 24.75" neck (maple/Maple) with 6100 fretwire. (Called Blackie after Clapton's)

2.) Strat Style hardtail: Carvin 1 piece mahog body, Warmoth 24.75 neck (maple/rosewood) with 6100 fretwire. SD Alnico Pro II bucker neck, z-90 bridge. Wiring is traditional Les Paul using concentric pots from Warmoth and wiring material from Stewmac and Radio Schack. (Called Doc)

3.) Tele Clone: Schecter PT Elite body (natual quilt maple over mahog w creame binding) & wiring, Warmoth 25.5 neck (birdseye/birdeye) with the stainless fret wire. Pups are SD Alnico Pro II neck and SD Custom Custom bridge. (Called Pretty boy).

I am not sure what to call they so they have have my signiture one the headstock.

Dale
    Last edited by Dale; 07-27-2002 at 04:13 PM.

Gary Levinson Blade Texas Vintage 62

If you want to post a picture, and you can deep link to a specific photo, use the [IMG]URL[/IMG] tags.

If you can't deep link, just type the URL of the picture/photosite.

Forum Member
    my strats are Van Zandts MIJ, and my tele is the Duncan also made here in conjunction with ESP. The VZ`s and Duncans rival anything coming out of Fender today. Including Custon Shop...I know because I have 2 of those too. For those of you who go to the Ishibashi site, keep you eyes peeled for the VZ`s and Duncans in the U Box, you won`t be disappointed..

Well.....

ESP 400 Series ('62 style, ~'87) strat, foam green/rosewood, currently has Duncan strat-sized HB's - Lil '59 bridge, Duckbucker middle, JB Jr neck.

Angela Instruments built strat copy ('83?), maple Schechter neck, fiesta red light ash body of unknown origin. Currently has a Dimarzios - Staggred FS1 bridge and VS1's mid/neck. Has repro decal on headstock (Steve didn't have 'Angela' decals then).

Then there are the homebrew 'Tommyguns' (most have unkonwn maple necks aquired from Angela Instruments unless noted):
    -strat, Bubblegum pink Chandler alder body (hey, it was the '80's!), Duncan hot strat bridge, vintage neck/middle.
    -strat, Black factory-second Korean Schechter alder body w/roller bridge, vintage dog ear P90 bridge, duncan vintage strat neck.
    -tele, black clearance sale body, 70's Fender 6-saddle Tele bridge (looking to replace with vintage style with 3 brass saddles). Duncan 1/4 pound tele set.
    -tele, candy apple red clearance sale body (I'm a cheapskate, what can I say?), plastic-coated maple neck ($5!) modern-style bridge with chrome plated brass saddles, Duncan Vintage bridge and Fender Vintage neck.
    -strat, bound flat top white body (Veneman's used to sell them) w/2 hb's and rear loaded controls.
    -strat, Burgundy Mist alder Chandler body, cheapo neck with ebony fretboard and jumbo frets, currently set up as a baritone (low B) with h/s/s. Gonna rebuild it.
    -strat, olympic white chandler body, ESP 'select' rosewood neck (thin, fender-shape headsotck), gold hardware, h/s/s (currently ESP) set up, Fender tbx control.

And there's probably others hiding in cases I've forgotten about.

Hey, you asked!;)
    5E3 Deluxe, '74 hardtail, Strat XII, many copies.

TFF Stage Crew
    My #1 Strat at this time is an import of unknown origin I bought in a pawn shop for $87. I refretted it w/6105s, & stripped the poly off to refin it nitro (black). It has Texas specials & a Fender bridge/trem. I call it my Bastardcaster. It has a BIG, round maple neck, & a repro decal that is missing the "contour body".
    Last edited by Cogs; 07-31-2002 at 08:52 PM.

clone

My strat is named "Blackmocaster" It is based Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow-era 74 Strat. I didn't go for an exact replica--there are some differences specific to my needs, but I tried to capture the spirit of that guitar, as well as those tones.

It's a southern swamp ash body from Warmouth that's right around 4 lbs. Vintage, stamped-steel style tremolo, Darvan (graphite-like but tougher) nut. Duncan pickups: "Quarter Pounders" in the bridge and neck, "Vintage flat" in the middle. The neck is from Musikraft -- they have more options than Warmouth. 21 fret, thick profile, quartersawn maple neck, big CBS headstock, truss rod adjusts at the headstock. The fingerboard was custom made by my luthier guru. It is real lively piece of Brazilian rosewood , and has a compound radius (no scalloping).

It is definitely a ROCK guitar.