Thread: Purple G& L SB2

Purple G& L SB2

Currently I own a purple G&L SB-2 and a LTD TA-600.

The G& L SB-2 has two volume controls for the top and bottom pick-up. There is no tone control.

My Ltd has EMG 35-DC Active Pickups but my G&L pickups are still stronger in my opinion. I purchased my Ltd for Christmas because I wanted an evil looking bass. The neck feels good and I am starting to get a more satifying tone, but I still prefer my G&L.

The next bass I am thinking of buying in 2007 is a Fender® American Vintage 62 Precision Bass in sunburst.

Has anybody compared G&L to Fender Basses or own both? I know they are different animals but I was wondering if anybody feels Leo Fender topped himself with his G&L designs. Any opinions on G&L compared to Fender?

Re: Purple G& L SB2

I was wondering if anybody feels Leo Fender topped himself with his G&L designs. Any opinions on G&L compared to Fender?
    I have a couple of G&L guitars. I love them. On the other hand, I have played Fenders that I really liked too. Both companies make cool guitars. Just find one you like and play it.
    Music will always find its way to us, with or without business, politics, religion, or any other bull$hit attached. - E.C.