Thread: A good theatre show

A good theatre show

Mrs. Captain (Tennile?) and I just came back from seeing The 60's Project.

It tells the story of a group of people during the decade, with very little dialog, other than the clever use of literally dozens of period songs. It's really quite well done, and a good story.

Oh, and this isn't Mama Mia, either. There's all sorts of heavier stuff from Society's Child, to Don't Call Me N_gger, Whitey.

Live band, too! The guy had mostly Fulltone gear.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Re: A good theatre show

very little dialog, other than the clever use of literally dozens of period songs.
    Thanks for the warning. I'll avoid it. I've developed this thing about previous generations foisting their nostalgic baggage onto music and film. It makes me hard to enjoy a lot of good music because they conjure up memories and images that aren't really mine. Thanks Boomers. Thanks "The Big Chill". Thanks "Forrest Gump". Thanks "The Wonder Years". Thanks all of those overused cliched playings of "Fortunate Son", "Turn, Turn, Turn", and "All Along The Watchtower" sprinkled throughout movies over the past three decades. Thanks lazy Hollywood music directors!
    "Go Team Venture!"

You've ruined my Byrds collection, you know.
    "Go Team Venture!"

Quote Originally Posted by BradKM
    Thanks for the warning. I'll avoid it. I've developed this thing about previous generations foisting their nostalgic baggage onto music and film.
    It's really not like that. The way the play is constructed, is you are required to listen to the words of the songs, because they actually form the dialog of most of the play. It also captures a lot of the internal conflict of the era. This ain't American Graffiti.

As for nostalgia.....the median age of the audience was probably seventy. I think they went to this modern rock play so they could understand their kids.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks