Thread: Blue Guitar/Blue Amp

Forum Member

Blue Guitar/Blue Amp

Here is a link to a photo I just uploaded (hope it will work).

I've been using my Ibanez Roadstar (RS1010SL) guitar with a maple neck and a Traynor YCV50BLUE amp. They both look sweet, and sound sweet.

http://www.broadjam.com/userimages/10585_45896.png
    Last edited by Algernon; 07-31-2006 at 05:54 AM.

Forum Member

Re: Blue Guitar/Blue Amp

BTTT

Gravity Jim

How blue can you get? :)

I was just talking the other day about what great guitars those Roadstars were. My last boss (jeez, it was about 15 years ago or more!) wanted to buy a guitar for her guitar-obsessed teenage nephew (he works for Gibson last I heard), and asked me to help her pick one out. We went dow this huge pawn shop just a couple blocks from our office, and they had a 3SC Roadstar with a hardshell for $95! We grabbed, I cleaned it up, and i was a really, really nice guitar with a great, slinky neck. I suppose he frets were likely too low for my tastes nowadays, but back then it felt like a race-car.

Forum Member

I agree. I bought my Roadstar new back in 1984 and have kept it in near mint condition to the present. I have mooded it a little with different pups and wiring and the maple neck but I still have all the original parts and could put it back to its original configuration if the needf arose.

It was and still is a sweet guitar; light weight, and a great neck came with it too, maple back with rosewood fingerboard and custom abalone inlays. I always wondered why this model never caught on more than it did.