Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who had/has the best Strat tone?

Forum Member

Re: Who had/has the best Strat tone?

Maybe the Sovteks are covered in black goo.

Gravity Jim

I can't remeber which one of those clips it is, but he's talking about what makes his tone, the same one eli mentioned where he says "my touch" first: but (and here's the part I know beyond a shadow of a doubt is true) he ends that list by saying something like, "and, most important, my attitude on the day of the session of solo...."

Man, that's totally it. In my job I've had to play some stuff that's alien to me, and what always works best is just mentally becoming The Guy Who Plays Like That. In "Zen Guitar," the author talks about always picking up your guitar with the mental intention to make music.... not just picking it up casually, but mindfully. And that's what this attitude thing says to me.

I'm working on a jingle right now where the client (she's a gas, let me tell ya) actually asked for "something upbeat, playful and sexy... you know, like Prince." And while I'm working on it, I imagine myself as The Purple One, trying to get into that sassy attitude. It makes the guitar sound different.

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by JAM View Post
    Very cool link, pc. Check out the instruction section - great stuff.
    It sure was great. I'm sorely tempted to order that instructional DVD set too, more just to have it than anything.

Jim--you are so right about the attitude thing. I always play a much better show when I've been looking forward to it during the day and I'm excited about going.

Quote Originally Posted by cooltone View Post
    Tough one. Depends on what time of day you ask me.

Right now, I'd have to say those two dudes in Plankton.

..I'm being totally serious.
    Alright!!!
    Another Plankton fan!
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music