Thread: Antiquities for Strat

Forum Member

Antiquities for Strat

Im thinking about putting antiquities in my 87 Mary Kaye strat. How are they(SD strat antiquities) and what for which position? Thanks

Forum Member
    I like the Strat Antiquities II pickups which are supposed to more closely resemble the 60's Strat pickup sound.

The original Antiquities which are modeled after a 50's pickup are too trebly for my tatses.

I have the Antiq's II in my strat and can't say enough good things.

Forum Member
    Standin' at the crossroads, shoutin' at the devil.
    I have the "texas hot" antiquities in my Fat Strat and like them. There's a LOT of hum and they feedback like theres no tomorrow! Cool sounds, very hot. If you're looking for a vintage sounding pickup with some beaf then try the Rio Bass Bottoms. I can't stop raving about them, they're INCREDIBLE! :bigal
    The man with magic hands.

I had a buddy that put Antiquities Texas Hots in his Clapton strat. With the active boost of the Clapton and the heat of the Antiquities, that guy could blow out concrete walls with nearly any amp. It was really cool!
    Jason
    The Bear Guy

Antiquities....

I have an alder with maple/rosewood Warmoth body/Fender neck, and an all-Warmoth ash with one-piece birdseye maple neck. Both guitars have antiquities, the original texas-hot/custom bridge combination with rwrp in the middle. These pickups are smokin'. I have a friend with a '64 olympic white, and the tone is very similar. They can really hang with the vintage pickups.

Seymour suggests the texas-hot in the middle and neck, and the custom in the bridge. Go for it!
    -Imposter Nick-