Thread: LSR Roller Nut ?

Forum Member

LSR Roller Nut ?

Do LSR roller nuts come in different sizes ! Would one fit my 57 Reissue Strat ? Thanks in advance !
    " Never make your move too soon ! "

Unfortunately, the LSR roller nut probably wouldn't work on your '57 RI strat. First of all, the slot required is bigger than that of a traditional nut, and LSR roller nuts are designed for a slightly wider neck than one that meets vintage specs. On top of that, they only keep string height even on necks with a radius of about 9.5 inches. The strats that came with these are wider at the nut and narrower at the bridge than vintage strats for more consistent string spacing up and down the neck.

Now, I've been wrong about many things in my day, and I might be behind the times on this one, but this is to the best of my knowledge, true.

You can always have Warmoth make another neck for you designed for the LSR nut, but it will probably change the feel of the guitar significantly. You might consider a graph-tech nut instead which will work with your existing neck and nut-slot and stay in tune well. Personally, I think they sound better than the LSR nuts, too.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Riscchip; 07-27-2002 at 10:35 AM.
    --Carson

http://www.riscchip.com

Forum Member
    Not sure about the fit for you guitar. But there were two LSR roller nuts, if I'm counting them all.

The original one up until 1992 had pins, where the strings would go over\under the pins (rollers) - those nuts would not take an 11set, or maybe it was a 50 on the low E. I had this nut replced by.....

......Then, Fender in about 1993 offered the newer LSR roller nut that had ball bearnings, where the string would lay ontop\between the two balls. The new nut was less mass, and looked much smaller, but it fit corretly where the old LSR was. This was all on the StratPLus on the left.

I think the double one is the Wilkenson nut.

Jeff