Thread: Queen and Paul Rodgers on PBS

Duluth, MN. Birthplace of Bobby Zimmerman

Queen and Paul Rodgers on PBS

Our PBS station aired (what I think was just a portion) of a concert, in England with Queen and Paul Rodgers.
    I remember hearing about this hookup and scratching my head a bit thinking it was an odd combo. Paul Rodgers has worked with musicians in the past, who have come from more 'orchestrated' sounding groups (Boz and Mick Ralphs) but he tends to be very blues based and straight forward. He's probably my favorite rock singer of all time. They (Queen) just seemed to exist on an entirely different plane.
    Well, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. His vocals were just stellar, spot on, perfect pitch and powerhouse. He also looked like he was having a blast.
    The Queen guys (Roger Taylor and Brian May) were as thay always are, GREAT. They played fantastic and their vocals were also outstanding.
    Some of the material didn't work quite as well as others (some of it sounded like Bad Company doing an impressive Queen cover!) and the medley's were a bit cheesy, but all in all, it was very enjoyable.

Anyone else see it? What did you think?
    Last edited by cooltone; 03-05-2006 at 11:25 PM.
    "If you're cool, you don't know nothin' about it. It just is...or you ain't." - Keith Richards