Thread: ARRRGGH!!!! Ampwares have my money....

ARRRGGH!!!! Ampwares have my money....

Hi everyone, cool forum

I ordered a faceplate and some grille cloth for my Deluxe Reverb from Ampwares in mid December...so far, nothing....my emails get returned. I managed to speak to the guy there about a fortnight ago and he claimed the order had recently been sent via airmail....still nothing.

Now his answer machine is full and I'm getting annoyed.

Any of you guys able to shed some light on this guy and his company?

Re: ARRRGGH!!!! Ampwares have my money....

Quote Originally Posted by fezz parka
    Did you pay by credit card? If so, I'd have the charge cleared and look elsewhere.

You've definitely passed the Federal Trade Commission's phone and mail-order 30 day rule, which says that your money can not be held over 30 days without delivery unless the customer is aware and has given their approval. I know you're in the UK, but this has to apply to Ampwares.
    Hi fezz, :)

Thanks for the advice on the 30 day thing...if I get hold of him I'll mention it.

My payment was through my bank unfortunately, although it was VISA debit...I'll call my bank tomorrow.

I hate people who mess customers around like this

Damn, I was gonna use them to get a faceplate for my Twin (when I build it that is).

So if they're crap who else am I gonna get one from?

Quote Originally Posted by fezz parka
    For your Tweed Twin from Weber?

Correct. I want a Twin faceplate for it. I know it's cheating but i'm not trying to fool anyone and I never intend on selling the thing. Some of the twins on the weber built-kits site look amazing with Fender logos on them.
    I just think it'd look better and, for me, the whole point in building the amp is to get something that's not available so I might as well go the whole way.

Hi Ziess,

Unbelievably I got a notice TODAY that I have to collect something from the Post Office from the USA... As I've not ordered anything else recently I can only assume that it's the faceplate etc.

If that's the case then I'll be a very relieved chap! If you are to order something from this place, just be aware of what my experience was and maybe pay by credit card in the event that it all goes wrong....

I'll post later when I (hopefully) pick up the package to let you know if it's all as it should be.

Cool man. Let me know how you get on and how the parts are.

Good luck!
    Tommy.

Quote Originally Posted by ziess
    Cool man. Let me know how you get on and how the parts are.

Good luck!
    Tommy.
    Will do!

I just noticed your location too

Forum Member

I can sympathize with the frustration. Ampwares claims that they ship within 24-48 hours of recieving the order. I ordered some parts for a cap job two weeks ago and haven't recieved anything yet. Their answering machine is always full and they have not responded to my emails. Unlike 44deluxe I am in the US. They are within a days mailing of me so shipping should certainly not be the constraint.

You need to either be really patient with these guys or order from somewhere else. I have ordered from them twice and twice they have been delinquint. I have always been a fan of giving someone a second chance, but Ampwares seems to have a recurring issue with completing orders. I will not place another order with them or recomend them to anyone.

Good luck.
    Dr. Framus

Quote Originally Posted by DrFramus
    I can sympathize with the frustration. Ampwares claims that they ship within 24-48 hours of recieving the order. I ordered some parts for a cap job two weeks ago and haven't recieved anything yet. Their answering machine is always full and they have not responded to my emails. Unlike 44deluxe I am in the US. They are within a days mailing of me so shipping should certainly not be the constraint.

You need to either be really patient with these guys or order from somewhere else. I have ordered from them twice and twice they have been delinquint. I have always been a fan of giving someone a second chance, but Ampwares seems to have a recurring issue with completing orders. I will not place another order with them or recomend them to anyone.

Good luck.
    Dr. Framus
    Thanks mate,

Yeah it's a shame...I'm pleased something's arrived at last, but I don't think I'll be using them again.

I've not yet got the package so I don't know if it's what I'm expecting, but for the lack of communication and lack of urgency on their part to get the order to me I'll prolly steer clear in future.

Quote Originally Posted by 44deluxe
    I managed to speak to the guy there about a fortnight ago and he claimed the order had recently been sent via airmail....still nothing.

Now his answer machine is full and I'm getting annoyed.
    This, unfortunately, is a very typical Ampwares story, told time and again on internet forums far and wide. Answering machine always full, email always mucked up, and the "I shipped it already" story.

I found that if I called him between 10-2:00 pm his time, he'd usually answer. But one time was enough for me, he's off my dealer list regardless of what he has and how inexpensive it is.
    A friend in need is a good reason to screen your calls.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast
    This, unfortunately, is a very typical Ampwares story, told time and again on internet forums far and wide. Answering machine always full, email always mucked up, and the "I shipped it already" story.

I found that if I called him between 10-2:00 pm his time, he'd usually answer. But one time was enough for me, he's off my dealer list regardless of what he has and how inexpensive it is.
    Hi telecast

I'm hearing this more and more now....it's a good thing these communities exist as it means we can make people aware of potential bad traders. It seems a shame as it's only going to damage his business in the end but a few emails would give people peace of mind at least.

Like your avatar too, I have that pic in a Fender book!

You could always try here in future. :yay
    I think,therefore I am
    I thought,therefore I was
    I am therefore,I thought
    Therefore,am I as I think I was

Good find Johnny.

Have you dealt with them in the past?

I have done business with Steve at Angela's and they ship quick and pack well.

:)

Well, here's the other perspective.

I ordered some stuff from Ampwares about 5-6 years ago. I got it pretty quick, and I paid with a personal check. He forgot to include one item, I emailed him, he responded promptly, and mailed the part just as promptly. When I emailed questions about stuff before ordering, he always responded that day or the next day.

????

I think "Ampwares" is just one guy--I believe Mark is his name. It's possible that his business, which he may very well run out of his house, has blown up in the last couple years, he has yet to get legit about being a bigger business, and just can't keep up with the surge in demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny64
    You could always try here in future. :yay
    Thanks for the link, I'm checking it out now ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFrogs
    I have done business with Steve at Angela's and they ship quick and pack well.

I've seen their site but they didn't have everything I needed at the time. Good to know they come recommended though, appreciate it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by boobtube21
    Well, here's the other perspective.

I ordered some stuff from Ampwares about 5-6 years ago. I got it pretty quick, and I paid with a personal check. He forgot to include one item, I emailed him, he responded promptly, and mailed the part just as promptly. When I emailed questions about stuff before ordering, he always responded that day or the next day.

????

I think "Ampwares" is just one guy--I believe Mark is his name. It's possible that his business, which he may very well run out of his house, has blown up in the last couple years, he has yet to get legit about being a bigger business, and just can't keep up with the surge in demand.
    It's a fair point and now it's arrived I can see that. Having said that, it doesn't do his business any favours if he doesn't address the growing concerns people have...they'll just go elsewhere.

It just really needs someone to fire off a few emails confirming orders and letting people know the REALISTIC turnaround time. I wasn't in a particualr hurry but when you done't hear ANYTHING you start to get a bit p'eed off.

Anyway, all's well that ends well and I collected the stuff today. The quality is 8/10 but it'll be an improvement on the very scratched faceplate my amp currently has. (Yes I'll keep all the original parts! ;)) The grille cloth seems to be spot on so I'm happy. :thu:

Cheers for now (although I'll start another quick thread to balance out my first one)

Glad it worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFrogs
    Glad it worked out.

Thanks dude

Quote Originally Posted by 44deluxe
    ...it doesn't do his business any favours if he doesn't address the growing concerns people have...they'll just go elsewhere.

It just really needs someone to fire off a few emails confirming orders and letting people know the REALISTIC turnaround time. I wasn't in a particualr hurry but when you done't hear ANYTHING you start to get a bit p'eed off.
    You have a point there, 44deluxe. The least he could do is be up front about the fact that he's swamped, and may take awhile to respond to emails/ship the goods.

Glad you got your stuff in good shape :yay