Thread: "Go Your Own Way" - Fleetwood Mac.

Forum Member

"Go Your Own Way" - Fleetwood Mac.

Not sure if this question belongs here or in The Woodshed; but since it probly has more to do with gear than with technique, here it is.

During the verses, Lindsey Buckingham played some short fills, that in a controlled manner and within a few measures, blossom into smoothly distorted, harmonic feedback. It wasn't thin like a Fuzztone, but had some body to it.

I'm guessing that he was using the white L.P Custom that he sported at the time—humbuckers—but I don't have any idea what other gear he would've been using to get the type of sustain that would allow him the control needed to get the feedback when he wanted it.

Anyways, give it a listen if you can and if you have any ideas as to what kind of pedal he might have used to attain that effect, that I could find today (or a reasonable facsimile,) please let me know. I would really like to have that trick in my bag.

Thanks all.
    Keep your feet warm, your strings clean, and your powder dry.

Re: "Go Your Own Way" - Fleetwood Mac.

I'd bet it's a heavily EQ'ed fuzzbox direct into the board, and he's feeding back into the studio monitors.

It's a great sound, but LB relies a little too much on it.

Re: "Go Your Own Way" - Fleetwood Mac.

Maybe a Pignose?
    "Well, I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused..."
    Elvis Costello