Thread: drum tracks?

Forum Member

drum tracks?

hey guys

i record a lot in my home studio. however, i am getting tired of my CDs with drum loops (they sound less acoustic and more processed). any good CDs with great drum loops for multiple timings that don't cost a fortune? thanks!

:blbros

Gravity Jim

Re: drum tracks?

Drums on Demand is very good for cheap.

Discrete Drums is more spendy, but awesome if you're a mix tweaker.

Google 'em and get more info than you need.

“To do a common thing uncommonly well brings success.”

Another vote for DoD.

Stay away from Beta Monkey stuff. Their timing is all over the shop and some of the loops in some song sets sound different...

The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs...
    Seagates MySpace | OceanWerks, official website

I've hunted the net for weeks for info on those cd's. Are they stand alone apps? Is it hard to put in a fill at a given point? Sorry for the hijack! My own conclusion was:

They are loops, mostly in wav format...

You use them with your audio software.

Gravity Jim

mgade, my man....

http://www.drumsondemand.com/

They're .WAV format recordings of a real drummer, with verses, choruses, brudges, and fills... drag 'n' drop 'em for quick sketches, slice 'n' dice 'em for the customized sound....

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity Jim
    mgade, my man....

http://www.drumsondemand.com/

They're .WAV format recordings of a real drummer, with verses, choruses, brudges, and fills... drag 'n' drop 'em for quick sketches, slice 'n' dice 'em for the customized sound....
    I've used them on a couple of jams here and on the other side. Check the New Year one on my Jam page.

I like the Drums on Demand so much that I'm constantly struggling to make all the others sound like them.

Forum Member

Another :yay for Discrete Drums. They're lively but relatively dry, so you've got lots of room to tweak, as GJ wrote.
    The free things in life are best.

I did get around to check dod today, and they sure sounds great (mp3's from Seagate and on the dod site GravityJim posted the URL for). Enough variance to be pretty assuring too. I'll google dod for a while now :-) Thanks for answers GJ and Seagate.

Gravity Jim

mkg, I LOVE Discrete Drums. I've used them on a couple dozen gigs, and with some editing and the huge number of single hits they give you, you can carve together amazingly realistic tracks.

And if you don't want them dry, just bring up the room mic faders... Yikes! instant massive Zeppelin trash! I'm using the 8-track versions... I think they are some stereo only versions available, too, and it soudsn like that's what you may be referring to. With the 8-track files, you have mixing control over the kick, snare, l&r toms, l&r overheads and l& room mics. Like having the guy in your studio, except now your studio sounds like Sound Kitchen in Nashville.

Forum Member

thanks!

DOD seems to be the leader thus far for its cheaper price with nice acoustic sounding drums. i've been using very cheap samples now and reviewers on garageband.com tend to think its a real drummer!!! LOL

I have got some DOD files and NS Kit drums too. Put isn't there a reeeeal long road from tree files with a splash, a boom and a snap to a loop?? I won't a backing track before this time next year!?

Groove Agent is the sland!! And you can reportedly make that midi track .. and that is EASY. Like messing with a slider and pussing a buttom. It's heaven.. and once the track is there - exchange the drums with your fave sounds. Only - you can add ambience like nothing. Heaven I tell ya.

It runs under Cubase