Thread: Fender Amps Rule...

Forum Member

Fender Amps Rule...

Just thought my first post here should be a silly one. (but its true...)

Forum Member
    Ed A (the man with the golden ears), I am in complete agreement with you.

I started out with Fender amps. They were hand me downs from my Uncle, who was a Capitol Recording Artist and Fender endorsee. I flirted with Marshalls and Boogies and many boutique amps as well as vintage brands. I came full circle and realized that Fender Amps work best for me.

I don't play metal, or any real extreme music, and for big fat harmonicly rich tones that let my style and touch shine, nothing beats a Fender for dynamics, meat, punch and that singing tone with clarity.

I'm at home on one. I know the tone and it knows me. We are old friends and good partners. Tweed, Brown, Blonde, Black or Silver they are all at once familure and rewarding. They equally favor my Gibsons and Gretsches as well as my Ricky's and Fenders. Humbucking or Singlecoil, I've yet to encounter a gig or session where I could not achieve my tone with a Fender Amp.

Though I love them all, it all comes together with Blackface Amps. If I had to choose only one amp it would be any Black Face Combo with two channels and reverb.
    The Sun don't shine, the Moon don't move the tides to wash me clean..

Forum Member
    My Marshall is at home, and my Fender is in the studio. I am a big Marshall guy, but the older I get the more i like that Fender.

stxrus
    i stand with big al :bigal on this one.
    fenders especially for what i do. i wouldn't mind getting my hands on a laney though.
    :stxrus
    peace
    steve

Forum Member
    I am equally split between Fender and the old English stuff, particularly the small Voxes, Selmers, WEMs etc. but I couldn't do without Fender either. I drug out the old Super Reverb yesterday and it would be hard to improve on that amp. It sounds good with any guitar and cleans up nice and just has plenty of anything you need. I love the narrow panel tweed and blackface amps the best, but there are many old Fender amps that I like. I have spent way more time using Fenders than any other amp. I don't see that ever changing........:60burst

It took me a LONG time to realize this, but yes, Fender amps f*cking RULE.

\m/ \m/

Forum Member
    Standin' at the crossroads, shoutin' at the devil.
    Why suh, I concuh! Fenduh amps fill me with splenduh! :bigal
    The man with magic hands.

I TOTALLY agree.:wail2
    Aaron
    Alias: Fat Dog Lee
    Play it like ya mean it.
    http://www.groups.msn.com/aaronsclub

Forum Member
    Yowza!! The old vintage Fenders are the best. Hand wired, rugged construction, good quality parts, nice magnetics, reliable and toneful. If you take care of them, service them and use good tubes, they'll last nearly forever. I mean, as a testament to their reliability, there's still a lot of Fenders from the early 50s being played today.

The new modern stuff is put together cheaply with cheezy parts. They're either voiced way too bright, or they have that thrashmetal high gain and sound like crap.
    Then there's the wannabe computer modeling amps. What a joke.

Today, Fender's biggest competition is their legacy stuff.

Proud owner of 6 old tube Fenders.

Forum Member
    Originally posted by Tremo
    Yowza!! The old vintage Fenders are the best. Hand wired, rugged construction, good quality parts, nice magnetics, reliable and toneful. If you take care of them, service them and use good tubes, they'll last nearly forever. I mean, as a testament to their reliability, there's still a lot of Fenders from the early 50s being played today.

The new modern stuff is put together cheaply with cheezy parts. They're either voiced way too bright, or they have that thrashmetal high gain and sound like crap.
    Then there's the wannabe computer modeling amps. What a joke.

Today, Fender's biggest competition is their legacy stuff.

Proud owner of 6 old tube Fenders.
    Other testaments include the almost universal comparison of other builder's "clean" channels to Fender clean.

I have three oldies myself. I had four. BTW, don't loan vintage Fender amps to crystal addicts. WTF was I thinking.

Ken

My main amp is a Fender Blues Deluxe. Absolutely ass-kicking blues and rock tones. The only problem.... it's too damned loud!

Very true, in fact, all I play with is Fender amps these days. I bought a Marshall not too long ago and returned it. Personally, I just can't get the tone that I like out a Marshall. Fender amps rule for sure! I don't have a big collection by all means, but I am loving what I have.

'78 Champ
    '68 Deluxe Reverb
    '66 Super Reverb
    Super Reverb RI