Thread: Alltone 1250 similar to what?

Alltone 1250 similar to what?

Did Eminence make the Alltone speakers for Reverend? What would they be similar to in the current Eminence line?

Any comparison to old Jensen C12N?

How would they be in a BF Pro Reverb?

TT
    On SmartPhones:

"Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But That only permitted other men with machines to enslave them." Frank Herbert.

Forum Member

Re: Alltone 1250 similar to what?

the reverend speaker is an eminence 125. so are about a dozen other booteek speakers. these companys do not make speakers. they are rebranded eminence. the 125 is in more fender amps than any speaker on earth and for a good reason.

To clarify....

IIRC, Eminence made the Reverend Alltone. However, that doesn't mean anything.

Eminence is the largest speaker maker in North America, and one of the biggest, if not the biggest in the world. Most of their sales is OEM product. They can make anything, and build in however much quality and quantity you are willing to pay for.

So Joe Naylor asks Eminence to build a 50W, 12" speaker.

Ribbed cone, or non-ribbed?
    If ribbed, how many ribs?
    Inverted ribs, or regular?
    Seamed or unseamed?
    What type of paper?
    How thick is the paper?
    What's the diameter of the voice coil?
    What's the length of the voice coil?
    Is the voice coil former paper, kapton, or something else?
    Alnico or ceramic?
    What's the weight of the magnet?
    What's the shape of the magnet?
    What's the magnet gap?
    How stiff is the spider?
    What are the tolerences on each measurement?
    Stamped basket or cast basket?
    and so on...

That's just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head.

The Alltone 1250 may be a very similar speaker to the Eminence 125 (or may not, I don't know), but I'd guess it's not exactly the same. The odds are against it, anyway.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

I remember Joe saying on the "other forum" that there wasn't a direct match in the Eminence line up, but that one of their newer models is very close to what he specified for the Alltones. It may have been the "Patriot", but I don't trust my memory on that. I'll try to dig up the exact post.

FWIW, I've got an Alltone 1025 in my Princeton Reverb and love it.
    "Go Team Venture!"

Thanks guys. I'm just deciding whether or not to grab one or two if I find them used somewhere.

I've looked at the Emi 125 specs and propaganda sheet and it looks like a natural for a BF Fender. Same with Ted's 12F150x of course.

TT
    On SmartPhones:

"Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But That only permitted other men with machines to enslave them." Frank Herbert.

Okay, correction time. I did some digging, and Joe Naylor actually said that although he hasn't heard them, the Eminence Screaming Eagle looks similar to the Alltones on paper.

On another occassion, he said that the "Patriots" sound more "scooped" to him than the "Red, White, and Blue", so in effect, more like an American speaker.

Thirdly, the one technical bit straight from Mr. Naylor's mouth that may help you find something close to the Alltones....the Alltones used and imported British cone. I don't know if any in the Eminence line up do or don't.
    "Go Team Venture!"

Thanks. Some of Ted's speakers use a British cone also. I'm just window shopping and growing weary of waiting to stumble across a pair of reasonably priced '60s era Jensen C12NS speakers.

TT
    On SmartPhones:

Forum Member

I thought that the hype with the Alltones was that its supposed to be sort of a hot-rodded modern day Jensen. I'm not saying that in a bad way though and people rave about the Alltone 1025 speakers.

The Alltone 1030s had British cones whereas the 1025s are seamed.

FWIW, I dig Alltone 1250s in my 68 Pro Reverb. Not as 'brittle' as reissue C12Ns--much smoother with slightly later breakup, IMO. Don't know about the newer Eminence 'equivalents' though.
    Tone is in the fingers, eh? Let's hear your Vox, Marshall and Fender fingerings then...